Wednesday, March 26, 2014

W.O.W. {#20}

Summer is coming, which means shorts, swimsuits and BBQ’s.

I couldn’t be more excited. I love a good family gathering that involves a lake, a good game of volleyball and fresh grilled chicken.

Another thing I love about summer is being active outside but having it feel fun vs. like a workout. For example, running in 70 degree weather, rollerblading, biking, swimming.

Sunday I drove to Stillwater to do the stairs. On my way there I just looked at the road (mind you in was 10 degrees) and I thought ‘maybe they will be clear by Wednesday and I can go blading?!’. My heart skipped a beat just thinking about putting my rollerblades on.

I want to feel confident this summer when I wear shorts or swimsuit bottoms. Which means one thing LEGSSSS.

The start of the stairs

The top… There is a middle too

So today we will work legs. I did 15 sets of the Stillwater stairs. 157 steps X’s 15 = 2355. PLUS going down. I was tired. Then I came home and I did ths:

Killer leg workout:
10 burpess
100 squats
90 walking lunges OR 45 left leg lunges, 45 right leg lunges
80 mountain climbers
70 sumo squats
60 calf raises
50 weight leg kicks – 25 each side (on all fours, place weight behind knee of one leg, the kick that leg back into the air – works legs and butt)
40 curtsey lunges
30 bench steps
20 squat jumps
10 burpees

Suggested to do 2-3 Xs. I did it once. It took me over 20 minutes!

Here are the calories I burnt on Sunday when I worked legs…. Oh and by the way it is Wednesday and my legs are still feeling it. That  can only mean one thing, the muscles are GROWING BABY!

Calorie burn from doing the Stillwater Stairs

Calorie burn from doing the above workout ONCE

Calorie burn from cycling for 30 minutes


Because this is my TWENTIETH WorkOutWednesday I thought I would share some of my favorites!
Obviously Week #1 – cardio burst, arms, core… Some cute pics too 
Week #2 was ABS – I like the movements that I chose this week, they weren’t too complicated but you can sure feel them!
#4 – stretching. I am so bad at stretching, actually we could just say I am bad at being patient, which goes along with stretching. Take a peek if you need some good stretching tips! 
Week #7 I switched it up and wrote about what I wear when I workout. It’s important to feel confident in your outfit at them gym! Also, if you have a pair of pants that don’t stay up that can screw up your whole run. 
For week #9 I did a workout from one of my favorite bloggers, SkinnyMeg. It’s legs and baby you’ll feel it!! 
In January I realized I missed the whole month of December for W.O.W. I had some personal things going on. But when I came back I was ready to work it!
I decided to try sprints, just threw something together. For week #14 I did sprints for the first time and loved it. I also have some hefty goals written on the whiteboard! Most of them haven’t happened ha!!  It is funny that  I have fallen in love with sprints now! I usually do 10 speed and pray to God that I don’t fall off. 
Week #15 was a little of everything; running, legs, arms. I burned over 700 calories in 1 hour!
Right before my first half I posted all my music! So if you are in need of some new workout tunes be sure to check out W.O.W. #18

Those are some of my favorites!


No comments:

Post a Comment