Wednesday, March 5, 2014

W.O.W. {#17}

When I think of all the Workout Wednesday’s I’ve done I am in shock!  Holy moly. I can’t believe it.

I feel like I am running out of ideas. Repeating something. Annoying my 5 blog readers. You know doubting my blog skills. HA!

So this week I thought I would talk about something a little different. Still about exercise, of course!

Lets talk working out with someone/group setting vs. without some/alone.

If I am at home running on the treadmill, I prefer to be ALONE. Truthfully training for my half on the treadmill I am so self conscious and nervous I wouldn’t let my family workout in the workout room while I was in there. I want this to change so badly! What I also have a hard time with is saying we are going to work out then just chatting, I mean lets be real, I am a girl, I like to catch up with my friends/family, so often it turns into social hour vs. workout hour.

As many of you know I go to boot camp 4 days a week. This is obviously with a crew of people. At first I literally wouldn’t sleep the night before because I was so nervous, I hated partnering with people I didn’t know. However, now I LOVE it. It pushes me. I love when people call me a hard ass. Or make comments like you are so strong! (hell yeah! I may have some fat on this body but underneath there ARE muscles and those ABS, I am just protecting them with a few layers of fat).

Biking with someone is always fun. Skiing with someone is always fun. Doing the stairs with someone is always fun. Running with someone who is similar in pace is fun! I have ran before with my aunt and it’s hard because I feel pressured to do her speed, even though she reminds me my speed is fine. Catherine and I ran this past weekend, we were both so nervous; however, post run in the car I was like that was so much fun! I wish we could’ve done it longer.

I loved this summer when Catherine, Katie and I would go to a park to do abs or weights. This is fun.

Working out with someone can be very motivating, often it gives you that extra push, and if you’re anything like me, when my sister and I are having a competition who can do a plank longer, you bet my inner ‘I’m not going to let my sister beat me!’ comes out.

If you are new to working out try to find a buddy. It will make it so much more fun! Maybe your mom isn’t capable of running 3 miles but she could always bike along side you just for company!

Remember being healthy is what you make it. WORK IT.
 


On another note – I have shared my love for this ice cream before. I bought/tried 4 more flavors this weekend. It is very tasty! My favorite flavor is strawberry or chocolate with PB2. If you see it at the grocery store try it out :) because even us healthy freaks love our ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find your ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine at Festival. If you look on here website and put in your address it tells you where to find it. :)
      http://www.arcticzero.com/locations.php

      Delete