Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Skinny Brownies

I am a sucker for healthy recipes on Pinterest.

So I saw this pin for 37 calorie brownies…. Say whatttt?

So I quickly ran to the grocery store, bought all the ingredients and went home to try these bad boys out (literally this all happened within 1 hour).

I got home and made them, then I put the recipe in MyFitnessPal.com. I don’t think they are 37 calories/brownie, I think they’re more like 70, still better than the normal brownie (healthier ingredients, that you can pronounce).

I will be honest on a scale of 1-10 they were probably a 7. If my sister rated them she would give them a 2. But I find as you eat healthier, healthier foods taste better, if this makes any sense.

I did make a few changes to the recipe. So I am going to call them Skinny Brownies.


3/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup Cocoa powder
1/2 cup Old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup Truvia (or any natural/stevia based sweetener that pours like sugar)
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla


Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a square baking dish (I used 8"x8"). Combine all ingredients into a food processor, and blend until smooth (1 minute). Pour into the prepared dish and bake for about 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 9 large squares.

As you can see from the picture above they are very thin; however, the brownie itself is pretty darn big!

No comments:

Post a Comment