Thursday, March 20, 2014

Creamy Cauliflower Sauce

I have been dying to try this CREAMY CAULIFLOWER SAUCE from pinchofyum.com. recipe HERE. I just haven’t gotten to it.

If you follow me on Pinterest you will notice I pin healthy recipes a lot. My goal in life is to try them all. But I am a little better at pinning the recipes vs. making the recipe.

I finally got around to making this ‘Alfredo’ tasting sauce. I changed the recipe a little bit. For the original recipe look at link above.
 
******This is NOT my picture. This is from
the website*****
Creamy Cauliflower Sauce With A Twist
8 large cloves of garlic, minced
1 T butter
1 head cauliflower
4 cups vegetable broth
1 t salt
1 t pepper
½ almond milk
½ t Italian seasoning
½ t parsley

Instructions:
1.Garlic: Sauté the minced garlic with the butter in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Cook for several minutes or until the garlic is soft and fragrant but not browned (browned or burnt garlic will taste bitter). Remove from heat and set aside.
2.Cauliflower: Bring the water or vegetable broth to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered, for 7-10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. Do not drain. Puree: Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower pieces to the blender. Add 1 cup vegetable broth or cooking liquid, sauteed garlic/butter, salt, pepper, and milk. Blend or puree for several minutes until the sauce is very smooth, adding more broth or milk depending on how thick you want the sauce. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your blender. Serve hot! If the sauce starts to look dry, add a few drops of water, milk, or olive oil.



I ate it with spaghetti squash, chicken and broccoli. I would make it again; however, maybe make half the recipe, because my family won’t eat it and I can’t eat 8 servings in a week. I ended up freezing some, so we will see how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment