Friday, March 14, 2014

'Twas The Night Before The Biggest Race Of My Life

Race day is TOMORROW.


Hold on as I remind myself to just take deep breaths, have fun, go with the flow, and smile.

Oh. My. Gosh. I cannot believe all of my hard work will be put to the test tomorrow.

The long runs, short runs, my love/hate relationship with the treadmill, my knee pain, my bitching, it’s all coming together. Finally!

I’m so excited. So scared. So nervous. And so dang READY.



I’ve got my running mummy ready. I’ve got my morning food out (oatmeal with some PB, banana and a protein shake, along with Want More Energy, Ionix and an Eshot {all Isagenix products}). I have my waters packed. I have my want more energy packed. I’ve got my post protein packed. I have my post race outfit packed (can’t wait to wear my shirt!). I have my post race slippers (AKA the only time I wear UGGs) ready!!

I’M SO READY.
 

I drank my life away in water today. I has some carbs. Let's hope I did it all right. If not there is always round two :)


I’m saying extra prayers tonight when I go to bed. I will be praying for a good nights sleep, energy when I wake, only happy stomach pains/nerves, to have the running Gods on my side and most of all to just have FUN. 

I need to remind myself I am not running to be the champion or to finish first. Because truthfully running a half marathon to me is being a champion – no matter what your finish time is.

Tonight I took a bath to get my hair looking nice and scrunchy with some volume, because I lets be honest - I don't want to look like complete shit the first time after my first half.

Catherine and I have things all planned out to meet in the morning and drive together. We are hoping to keep the stress to a MINIMUM before the race. We pre-paid for parking, which was a battle with my family. I finally yelled "I DON'T CARE IF IT IS $50 TO PREPAY FOR PARKING. I RATHER HAVE STRESS TONIGHT THAN TOMORROW." Nuf said. Geeez.


CHEERS TO RUNNING. 

No comments:

Post a Comment