Monday, March 10, 2014

My Love For Food

I LOVE food. How am I ever supposed to lose weight?

A year ago when I just ‘accidently started losing weight’ this thought never went through my head.

Today? Well I ended up gaining some of the weight back, and this thought goes through my head on the daily. *I will never get this weight off* *I love food too much* *I have an unhealthy relationship with food, I will never lose weight* *I binge, I will never lose weight* …. These are some EXAMPLES of thoughts that run through my head.

It’s a learning process. I am not 100% perfect, YET. Heck, I want to teach people stuff about this someday, be a trainer, and I can’t even get it down myself?? That scares the heck out of me.

But here are some things I think are helpful when losing weight/ getting fit/ getting healthy/ having a healthier relationship with food:
  • Friends. Surround yourself with friends that are similar and want similar things. Does every one of my friends have to be interested in the health/fitness world? NO WAY. But having friends that are makes things a lot easier.
  • Water. Get a water bottle that makes you want to drink water constantly. Non stop. For me it’s a straw, I find it more fun to drink water with a straw.
  • A journal. Do you need to journal your thoughts everyday? No. But a journal helps me write my meal plans for the week, my exercise plans for the week, my grocery lists, my wants/needs and GOALS.
  • Goals. Okay, my goals often are lose 3 pant sizes in one month. Sorry Bailey, not going to happen. Set reasonable goals and reward yourself! I suggest not rewarding yourself with food. A goal of mine is get to 150 lbs = LuLu Lemon pants/outfit. Get a swimsuit body I’m super confident and happy with = a nice swimsuit from an actual swimsuit store that they help you with your body type/boobs/etc.
  • Food. Don’t deprive yourself. Saying no to sweets for the rest of your life will probably be impossible. So instead try some healthier desserts. Try these: avocado ice cream and banana ice cream. Or a simple whip cream with fruit. I also love Artic Zero ‘ice cream’ my favorite flavor so far is strawberry. (Catherine makes a fabulous chocolate dessert that I am going to attempt to make in the near future and I will share with you of course!)
  • Wants. Write your wants down in that journal. AND on an 8*11 sheet of paper that you hang in your room, on the fridge or maybe on a bathroom mirror. Wherever you see it and where it will remind you of why you’re saying NO to unhealthy choices.
  • Read labels. You see something that says 0 trans fat, read closer! If it has hydrated oil, that means trans fat! Then if I see this I think ew I don’t want that. Same goes for HFCS. ICKY.
  • Write it all down. I love MyFitnessPal.com, some people like to journal it. Do something. Try something. For one week! You may be shocked!! I use MFP.com because it tells me my calories, fat, sugar, protein, etc. almost to a T.


These work for me. Do I still eat bad food? Yup. Do I still binge? Unfortunately, yup. Do I bust my butt in the gym daily? Yup. Do I crave Ben and Jerry’s ice cream? Yup. I LOVE FOOD. I love having food in my mouth. I go to bed excited to wake up and have an egg for breakfast, I get excited during my workout thinking about my protein shake I’m about to have in and around my mouth when my hour workout is over, I get excited thinking of the vegetables I get to shove in my mouth because that also means an avocado. I’m weird. But I work with it. I try a little more day by day to make this healthy lifestyle work!

If you have any questions just ASK. I would love to hear some of your tips too!

My favorite 'meal' of the day is breakfast. I love eggs, pancakes, waffles, toast, fruit, etc. Often I have a protein shake for breakfast because I workout early. So my breakfast meals tend to be lunch or dinner. Here is a yummy omelet I made the other day!

What I did:
Mix 2 eggs with 3 T. egg whites & a dash of almond milk


Cook veggies. I used peppers, broccoli, onion.


Put eggs in pan. I added 2 T. cream cheese and 1/4 c. mozzarella cheese.
I then added in my veggies! 


Complete!!


No comments:

Post a Comment