Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lent. Making It The Full Forty.

I'm not going into religion and going to have a Jesus talk with you. If you want to be my church buddy I am Lutheran and I go to St. Andrews. So I still get to eat meat Fridays ;)

New Years resolutions are similar to Lent. But those often tend to get broken. Lent is 40 days, I can do anything for 40 days and 40 days it will be easy! Hopefully by the end I can build it into the lifestyle I live.

But what I am giving up for lent...
Chewing on my nails - gross huh? I do it when I'm nervous, stressed, hungry, bored. I just pick/bite/chew on them. I'm 19 and this needs to stop.
Friend food - I don't eat it much but I don't want it at all these next 40 days.
Processed foods. – tend to often be frozen or pantry items with ‘junk’.
Dairy Queen. You probably think I'm this healthy freak, which 91.9% of the time yes. But then I crave a blizzard and go insane. I go get one and am in heaven for the two minutes it takes to eat. Then post heaven I go to hell and I feel gross! So saying no to DQ this month. (side note: today I went with the family I nanny for to the mall. The mom insisted on buying me DQ, but I said no #YesImFrickinProud)
Candy. I don't need it. Even if it's a little bit size bar. Nada.
Buying clothes - can I do it?! Sweet baby Jesus I hope. And come Easter I'm going to get a nice dress ;)

Do you give something up for lent?


My list is pretty hefty, but you are all going to hold me accountable and come Easter this girl wants to report back that I succeeded! (I will try weekly updates too)

I love reading Fitness Blondie's blog. She is real and I love that. She struggles, she's been through a lot and she is similar to me where she did put weight back on…. But at the end of the day, whats important is that she is doing something about getting healthy again. Check out her blog. And be sure to enter, what do YOU have to lose? 

No comments:

Post a Comment