Wednesday, March 12, 2014

W.O.W. {#18}

This week for W.O.W. I thought it would be fun to talk music. What’s on my playlist? What gets me motivated? What doesn’t get me motivated?

After all, when we work out music can make or break your workout.



This is what is on my playlist for my half marathon that’s on SATURDAY:
  1. All The Above – Maino
  2. All Of Me – John Legend
  3. Beautiful – Akon
  4. Beautiful Girls – Sean Kingston
  5. Best Days- Matt White
  6. Billionaire – Travie McCoy
  7. Body Language – Jesse McCarthy
  8. Born This Way – Lady GaGa
  9. Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
  10. Dark Horse – Katy Perry
  11. Diva – Beyonce
  12. Do You Remember – Jay Sean
  13. Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
  14. Down – Jay Sean
  15. Forever – Chris Brown
  16. F**k You – Cee Lo Green
  17. Happy – Pharrell Williams
  18. Hold On, We’re Going Home – Drake
  19. I Do Not Hook Up – Kelly Clarkson
  20. I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
  21. I Kissed A Girl – Katy Perry
  22. I Like It – Enrique Iglesias
  23. I Won’t Give Up – Jason Mraz
  24. Imam Be – Black Eye Peas
  25. Just A Dream – Nelly
  26. Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
  27. Life Is A Highway – Rascal Flatts
  28. Live Your Life – T.I.
  29. Marry Me – Jason Derulo
  30. Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5
  31. Never Say Never – Justin Bieber
  32. Nothin’ On You – Bruno Mars
  33. Replay – Iyaz
  34. Roar – Katy Perry
  35. Single Ladies – Beyonce
  36. Same Love - Mackelmore
  37. Stronger – Kanye West
  38. Talk Dirty – Jason Derulo
  39. Timber – Pitbull
  40. Waka Wake – Shakira
  41. Young Forever- Jay-Z
  42. 2012 – Jay Sean
  43. You Can’t Stop Me – Andy Mineo
  44. Let It Go – Idina Menzel
  45. Gasolina – Dj Buddha Remix
  46. Slow Me Down – Sara Evans
  47. White Walls – Macklemore
  48. Burn – Ellie Goulding

I prefer to run to pump up music. The loud stuff that is killing my ears is what I love, because it pumps me up, gets me excited and motivated! I have a few country/slow songs that I do add just to reflect on life while I am running too.

Each song means something to me, for example – my BFF Courtney chose the song Gasoline, which is in Spanish, I don’t know Spanish, but this song pumps me up. The song Just The Way You Are, excepting everything about yourself, you were built the way you and you can’t change everything, except it, own it, move forward. The song Best Days was a favorite of my friends and mine in HS, we would jam to that in the summer, so when I am running and wanting to die, this song will come on and I will think of these friends along with summer. F**k You, this is for my ‘haters’, ok honestly I don’t think I have haters, but this is for the people that have judged me throughout my life. Waka Waka is my favorite song at boot camp, so when this song comes on I will picture my trainer next to my saying encouraging words. 2012, the year I graduated from HS and my healthier lifestyle started, this is the year that holds so many memories for me.

Every one of those songs I could tell you a memory, what it makes me think of, who suggested it, why I chose it etc. The best feeling in the world is going to be running to my music and when a song comes on I can think of a special person in my life and run that mile/minute for them.

The nerves are starting to come. But I am excited to put my first half marathon behind me. I am excited to check it off my bucket list. I am excited to say I DID IT.

Are you someone who can workout to any type of music? Or are you someone who needs more pump up music?


No comments:

Post a Comment