Sunday, March 9, 2014

How I Prep For Meals


“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail” – Benjamin Franklin

Right on man.

I am a planner. People often say I make plans to make plans. My planner? My inner OCD comes out.

I plan because I know if I don’t have food prepped/planned I will go for the easy way out and grab chips or fast food.

Every Saturday or Sunday and then usually Wednesday I plan/prep for the next few days. This weekend it happened to land on a Saturday.

The steps I take:
Dream about the food I want.
Make grocery list.
Grocery shop. (Later this week or next week I will show what a typical shopping trip looks like)
Wash fruits/vegetables. à let dry


Get out containers.



Get the meals ready. For example start making chicken, baking pizza, baking salmon, etc. I often do frozen vegetables just because they're more convenient and I'm lazy. So I make these at this time.


Cut/measure fruits and vegetables.
Measure nuts. (I pair with my fruit)
After meals are finished put in containers.
Look at the dishes and cry. Then do them.


DONE. Not going to lie, it is a process. It will probably take me 1 hour at least. I like to make lots of food/chicken and freeze it so I am not making 4 chicken breasts every 4 days – if you get my drift.


Is this all I eat? No. I will have 2 protein shakes, a quest bar and most likely tuna or eggs.

For a more detailed list on what I eat click HERE.

My first half marathon is in FIVE DAYS. Holy Moly!!!! I will fair warn you I will be bringing it up a lot this week :)

I got my nails done. Oh my goodness, every time I look at my hand my confidence goes up. ha! ha! I sure do love when I let my nails grow because then they're fun to paint!






No comments:

Post a Comment