Wednesday, January 29, 2014

W.O.W {#14}

I am falling back in love with working out after we took a little break on our relationship it the end of 2013… I love going to boot camp because I get worked hard. When I am not doing boot camp I am usually training for my half marathon that’s in March; however, lately I have fallen in love with sprints on the treadmill!

So for Workout Wednesday we shall do some sprints!

45 minutes of sprints!
5 minute light jog – 5 speed
5 minute sprints – 7.5 speed, 20 on 10 off
5 minute light jog – 4.7 speed
5 minute sprints – 8 speed, 20 on 10 off
5 minute fast walk – 4.5 speed
5 minute sprints - 8.5 speed, 15 on 10 off
5 minute walk – 4.3 speed
5 minute sprints – 9 speed, 10 on 10 off
5 minute SLOW recovery – 3.5 speed

This is a great workout. I was drenched when I was done and I burned a shiz ton of calories.

Tips:
Don’t change your speed when you’re doing the sprints, simply jump on the sides of the treadmill
Have H2O ready for your time you’re off during your sprints
Try to avoid holding onto the treadmill or putting your body over the treadmill for  support. I am the Queen of this, and it is SOOO bad for you. During the sprints and light jogs if it is too much simply slow down to a pace that works for you
If you can feel your heart rate dropping on the recovery jogs or walks set your incline higher


If you do this and don’t feel it let me know! You should be dead near the end. :)

I will leave you with this:

No comments:

Post a Comment