Thursday, August 1, 2013

I Think I'll Just Do The Pill ..... NO!


I was having a talk with a friend and they said that they wanted to just take some pill to lose weight. I wanted to scream and shake them at that moment.

A pill is going to get you no where because as soon as you stop the pill you will gain weight back. Not to mention what the pill can do for your insides.

Those weight lose pills destroy your body and you will have major side effects.

I know someone who did take a pill to try and lose weight. What happened? They immediately got side effects: they were tired, they were having to go to the bathroom A LOT (not in a good way if you get my drift), they didn't look good in the face (pasty white), and in general they didn't feel like the normal them.

And not to mention they didn't even lose weight. Now people can do all sorts of diets to lose weight, people will do pills, packaged meals, over cleansing, shakes, and so many more. Now to set the records straight, a protein shake a day or two is OK. Because you are fueling your body with the right nutrition before and after a workout.

I do protein shakes! Delicious. But I still make sure I am getting the proper amount of calories in my body everyday. A lot of protein shakes are not meant to be ‘meal replacements’ and may only have 100-250 calories, which isn’t ok for a meal replacement. To read about the protein shakes I do click {here}.

Now, I am not an expert. These are MY opinions, but I can certainly tell you a pill will not be the best way to lose weight. At the end of the day you need to be determined and want it so much that you are willing to work for it both in the kitchen and at the gym.

When you lose weight you should want to make a lifestyle change. Not a temporary change.

So when this person told me they wanted to try a pill I was so frustrated. I talked with them and I hope that I convinced them NOT to use a pill. I want this person to do it the right way, the old fashion way, the HEALTHY way. 

And just because no post is complete without a picture, I thought I would share a funny text my mom sent me a few weeks ago.

HA HA! She was referring to my
homemade salsa! I got a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment