Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bad + Bad = Good?


Ok so Friday was a fabulous day- I made my homemade salsa recipe that I got from my aunt. It is FABULOUS. I always have this made in my fridge because it makes my salad so much more yummy!

Black Bean Corn Salsa
1 ½ t. cumin
2 15 oz. canned black beans
1 15 oz. corn
1 red pepper
½ c. chopped cilantro
½ c. chopped fresh parsley
1/3 c. lime juice (fresh from 2 limes)
1 t. grated lime zest
¼ c. olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
½ t. salt
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
½ t. pepper



mix all ingredients together! Serve. 

Before you freak out because there are so many ingredients, relax. It is very easy to make and I will almost bet my house you’ll like it.

You can tweak it in all different ways. I don’t use the full ¼ cup of olive oil. I do 2 T. and then more lime juice. I have also made it one time with hot sauce and another time I added fresh avocados. Every time I have made this salsa it was fabulous.


Salsa can be a good treat or a bad treat. It is usually paired with chips, which aren’t fabulous for you; however, putting in on fresh spinach with quinoa and chicken is amazing for you. Everything is healthy and CLEAN eating. This was my dinner Friday night.

So then I decided to go shopping with my sister. It was great and we got some new things… I was feeling pretty good about myself while shopping, which is a great feeling. Because when I was my old self I wasn’t always super excited to try on clothes. I even grabbed a swimsuit on my way out without trying it on because I was confident it would fit, and it did! : )

I already started eating before I took the picture. I love ice cream and I just couldn't wait to eat this bad boy!
Then we got gas…. I saw DQ and made a comment like “oh I haven’t had that in forever” and before you knew it we were in the drive through line. Oops. Well I guess it is ok to INDULGE!  I got a small French silk pie blizzard and they filled that baby over the top! Score.

I was planning to go running Saturday morning at 5:30. I was nervous to go running because I thought I would feel like crap. It ended up raining so I didn’t go; however, Saturday morning I wanted to haunt myself and get on the scale.

I hadn’t worked out Friday and I had a flippin’ blizzard. I was scared to weigh myself. And I don’t know why I find it necessary to weigh myself, I just do.  There was NOOO change. How can this be?  I have no idea, but this is a good lesson that one DQ blizzard won’t make you fat just like one salad won’t make you skinny.

Bria and I
After I weighed myself I went and ran the Stillwater stairs with my friends and my sister Bria.

It has been a great couple of days with friends and family. I have been super busy preparing to go to Country Jam on Thursday and then Atlanta on Sunday. Dear god, why did I think it would be ok to plan a trip with a 5 hour difference? (get home Saturday at 11:30 PM- leave Sunday at 4:30 AM) Help me lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment