Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Simple Yet Delicious


On Sunday I shared a ice cream recipe made with avocado’s and yesterday I shared a pizza recipe made with cauliflower. Today I am going to share another favorite new recipe of mine, which is asian peanut slaw. I got this recipe from my trainer/nutritionist.

It is one of those dump, stir and serve recipes - what could be better? This is a perfect quick side dish that could go along with any meal and would be super easy for a BBQ.


I got all of my ingredients from Trader Joe’s in Woodbury but I bet you could find similar ingredients at different stores. I just love Trader Joe’s so that's where I went. When you are going somewhere other Trader Joe’s make sure to look closely at what you are getting. Watch the calories and fat. But DON’T settle for 'fat free' or 'half the calories' or ‘sugar free’. That stuff is usually garbage and is almost always much worse for you. It has other things added to it to make it not good for your body. Try to go off the saying ‘if you can’t pronounce it don’t put it into your body’.

Anyway, back to the recipe, you need three things:

One bag of broccoli slaw
1/4 c. Trader Joes Thai peanut dressing
1 cup chopped nuts (I do peanuts. You could also do sunflower seeds, walnuts, pecans, etc.)

I just mix it all together in a big bowl and serve it. I find it is better the next day because the sauce has gone into the broccoli slaw more.



Enjoy!!

I obviously couldn't wait two seconds to try it :)

What to look forward to this week:
  • Tomorrow (Thursday) I am going to share a story about a person in my life who just wanted to use ‘the pill’ to lose weight.
  • Friday I am going to share my friend Catherine’s new blog.


..Stay tuned..

No comments:

Post a Comment