Friday, August 30, 2013

Avoiding Temptation & When You Can't... Then What?


When it is hotter than balls you need to drink, drink, drink -- I am referring to water here! Also, you’re going to want to eat colder foods, like ice cream or frozen yogurt! I love some good ice cream or frozen yogurt.

And folks it is OKAY to have a treat every once in awhile. I went to Tutti Frutti {frozen yogurt} with a of couple friends. It was 9:00 pm and a last minute deal but we were HOT, HUNGRY, and dang it just in the MOOD! So, as soon as someone said, “we should go to Tutti Frutti” we were in the car within minutes.

I got chocolate and vanilla with some raspberries and then a little candy. I NEVER eat candy anymore so it definitely got to me later while I was lying in bed. But it was soo worth it : )

Here’s a cute little picture:

My friends Heather and Lauren

How do you avoid it?
  • Tell yourself you’ve got this.
  • Tell someone around you that you are trying to work hard at a goal and you need his or her support. They almost ALWAYS will help you and want to be there for you. If not? Well, personally I would rethink the friendship {that’s just me}.
  • Workout early in the day, this way you’ll want to stay on track with your food.
  • Don’t bring your wallet!!! You don’t want to miss out on events with your friends, so still tag along, and just leave your money at home.
  • If you do have money on you say “I’m not getting anything tonight” while you’re in the car. This will give everyone a heads up not to bother you on what you’re getting.
  • There will always be that one person who says “c’mon just get something” {I’m guilty for this : ( } or “really, why does this one burger even matter?”….. Just smile politely, DON’T give in. 
      You’ve got this!

And if you don’t take any of that advice…

When you do want to go out always go for a small. Sometimes this is hard, I mean like who goes to Dairy Queen and gets a mini. Ugh, not me; however, if you are trying to cut back then a mini is going to satisfy your want for this treat in fewer calories than a medium. Go for something light, ice cream in a cup vs. a malt/blizzard.

Workout! We all know you cannot outwork a bad diet. I’ve tried. I have eaten really bad and then worked out for two hours. It doesn’t work; however, just going to the gym for one hour daily will likely make you rethink your decision to eat bad foods. You also are going to be needing more calories in your diet if you burn calories but I am not saying to go eat a cookie with 400 calories then workout.

Drink water! Water will help you flush this bad food through you.

It’s ok to feel a little bad and regret it. But don’t punish yourself over it. Tomorrow is a new day.

This Picture Is Awesome: 



  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - 
Last night I was on my own for dinner because I didn’t get home until 7:00 ish and everyone had already eaten. I have no problem at all coming up with a meal in my room… Last night I had an AMAZING dinner. 


1 C. Greek Yogurt
¼ C. Organic Oatmeal
1 Scoop Isagenix Protein Powder
1/8 C. Rasepberries
1 T. Honey

This was over 44 grams of protein!!!!!! In one meal. WOWZA. (For some people this might be too much, but for me it is perfect because I need a higher amount of protein due to exercising so much. It was very filling)

No comments:

Post a Comment