Monday, August 19, 2013

Calories Don't Count At The Cabin + {Lettuce Wrap}


My weekend was filled with fun at a family friends cabin. Along with fun came lots of calories and no exercise. Well if you count the 62 stairs you have to climb to get to the lake and water sports as exercise then I guess I did do a little exercising. But as I was indulging in food I wasn’t worried because I am on vacation and I know there is always Monday. Which today I am cracking the whip again and turning back into me. Healthy eating and exercising! It’s almost lunchtime and I am feeling great… Very healthy, yet again ;)

P.S. I didn't even jump on the scale this morning because I didn't need a number to tell me how my day was going to be.
Calories don't count at the cabin-- Thank You Jesus.
This is Andrea and I being ourselves and acting like
ducks with Pringles
Kristi and I
Along with healthy eating I needed some recipes…

I wouldn’t call it bored; I would rather say ‘ready for something new’. So last week I experimented in the kitchen with some lettuce to make lettuce wraps. Well kind of, there was no stove, oven, or for kitchen utensils really used minus a knife. I made three amazing lettuce wraps and I am going to share one each day this week.

So lets get started… My favorite was the buffalo chicken lettuce wrap-- it’s simple and delicious!

Celery- ¼ cup chopped
Cucumber- ¼ cup of chopped
Chicken- 1 breast chopped
Onion- 2 T
Spinach- 1 handful chopped finely
1 T.- buffalo sauce
1 T. – Ranch (not that crap from a jar, try to do chaboni + ranch packet)


The picture quality isn't great-- but it is still yummy

You mix it all together and you have the insides of your lettuce wrap. Then you can scoop into the lettuce.

This was enough for me for one serving and it kept me full. If you wanted to change it you could add more or less of something very easily.

This is a very healthy meal and I think it is also very satisfying! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment