Monday, August 12, 2013

This Weekend I....


Ahh boot camp was HARD today and my partner in crime Catherine accidently didn’t wake up- I think her alarm didn’t go off. For the first ten minutes every car that drove by I looked over to check if it was her, eventually I figured I can do this if she is or isn’t here – STOP WORRYING BAILEY! I have in my head I cannot do a class without a friend/ buddy, soo false.

A quick weekend recap:
  • I shopped until I dropped. Spent a good amount of my paycheck at Gap- but hey it was friends and family (40% off the whole store!) so I got TONS for my money.
  • I spent the day with my college BFF Lauren. Love that girl. Can’t wait to be roomies in thirteen days : )
  • Had Chipotle—YUMMY
  • Went for a family bike ride and managed to get stung by a bee.
  • Finally saw The Heat with my friend Court
  • Went for a 3 mile run and felt great. I really want to be a runner, so I am going to try to make it happen. Will keep you posted.
  • Made some great food/lunches for the week.
  • Got told I need glasses… Great I really am getting old!
  • Started packing again for college…. Ahh it’s that time of year again.

But today I want to focus on what a typical Sunday would be like for me:

Sunday is one of my favorite days of the week! Most people dread Sunday’s, which I do too, during the school year that is. But when I am home during the summer my family goes grocery shopping for the week on Sunday. Which always results in a fridge full of good food. Yes, we are out with all the other crazies but I love shopping Sunday then preparing meals for the week Sunday afternoon. When we are out we get a grocery cart full of fresh fruits, fresh veggies and meat for the week.

A typical grocery list would be like this: chicken, shrimp, cucumbers, peppers, carrots, celery, broccoli, asparagus, grapefruit, bananas, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, unsweetened almond milk, eggs, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese. Of course there are times when we need almond butter, sugar, flour, pasta, etc. But that’s not every week. I like to grocery shop at Trader Joe’s because they have organic foods for cheaper than the regular grocery store. We also go to Costco for big bulk items.

Then we come home and grill 10+ chicken breasts, shrimp & veggies (peppers & onions). I love doing this because then we have lots of options for the week. Everyone in my family is busy and on the go so Sunday is our only night of the week we always eat together. After I am prepared for the week I shower and get to bed. 

LOVE this divider for my food. This isn't all the food
I am eating today, this is just part of it 
I am a strong believer in being prepared for the week. When you are prepared in life things will go smoothly. If I don't have food ready for my lunch, I will grab whatever is in the fridge, which usually would be quick and unhealthy foods. By doing preparation on Sunday’s my weekday’s are much easier.

This is a typical Sunday for me. Is it like this every single Sunday? No. Because things get in the way and we live a life that has other commitments besides working out or going to the grocery store. If you struggle with lunches/ dinners during the week try to be prepared. You will see a big difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment