Thursday, August 15, 2013

Goodbyes


So the ‘goodbyes’ have officially started. I have two completely different emotions going through me right now: sad and excited… Wait, what??
What I wore to my 'last dinner' with my friends.
Tommy Hilfiger maxidress. So comfy
Let me explain…

The sadness I am feeling…

This summer I have connected with a few of my HS friends in a way I never knew I could. I have grown so close to Catherine and Katie throughout the summer. Saying goodbye to Courtney will also be hard. I recently went to dinner with a few other HS friends (Hannah, Trudy, Ashley) that I hadn’t seen in awhile and it was so fun. I don’t know if it is because we have all matured and are at different spots in our lives, but something feels ‘different’. In a good way!
Hannah and I. We were close in 9th, 10th and 11th grade
the drifted but I truly do care about his special girl and I
am so glad we connected again this summer

My family is spectacular and I love them so very much. I am going to be sad when I leave my parents and sister because a part of me always thinks I am leaving forever. Thank goodness this isn’t the case.



Courtney and I

Catherine and I 

The family I nanny for and some other special families I babysit for will be a tough goodbye. Last year when I said bye to one of the families I wanted to cry because the little boys were so cute. I was worried that going to college would mean I would never see them again. But that was so WRONG. The mom is so great and still asks me to watch her boys, which I love because these boys are awesome.


All the ladies. L to R: Ashley, Courtney, Catherine, Hannah, Trudy,
Katie and I
Now the excitement I am feeling…

Well this is coming from the thought of leaving home, getting to be independent again, getting to see my college friends, getting to start classes that deal with my major, getting back to the Fargo/Moorhead area, having Tutti Frutti AGAIN. Praise the lord for all of those special things.


I want to start saying ‘see you later’ vs. ‘goodbye’ because I know I WILL see all the special people in my life again, just maybe not tomorrow. I have a fear when I say goodbye they are disappearing. I guess I worry too much because I never want to lose anything that I love.

For now I will just say bye and hug them all extra tight until I get to see them again!

“Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.”
―J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan 

No comments:

Post a Comment