Friday, August 9, 2013

Surround Yourself With Good People {Week Two}


I don't know where to begin to start talking about my good friend Katie. Let's start from the beginning, which brings us back to 2007...

It was the first day of 8th grade and I was scared. My family just moved to a new school district and I only knew a few girls through church. I was going to be that girl who didn't have anyone to sit by at lunch, I was going to be all alone, I was going to be a loner. Until I met Katie and her sister Ashley in class. I had a class earlier in the day with each of them so when it came to lunch I was on the look out for them because I new they were also new to the school.
 
HS football games
My 16th birthday dinner


I can remember it almost exactly, I was wearing a blue shirt with blue and white stripped shorts both from American Eagle (I was obsessed with American Eagle. People would joke I owned the store and they wouldn’t even ask me where my clothes where from because they knew my response). I was sitting with some friends from church when I looked over and they waved me to sit with them. I thought I HAVE FRIENDS!

I of course went to sit by them and the rest is history.

We have had some immature fights but we are girls and were in high school. It was often hard being friends with twins because you can't be mad at one and not the other! So therefore we always have made up. : )

Throughout high school Katie was a close friend. We would go to all the football games together, boat, have sleepovers in a tent, swim, shop, go to movies, just have fun times together. It was hard to say bye to her last August when we all left for college. We were at her house and some tears came but I wasn't too worried because I knew I would see her in two short months.

Dinner out this summer
Fast forward to this summer- Katie and I have grown so close. This past year I have grown to love exercise and living a healthy lifestyle. Which as you know if so different from the high school Bailey. I’ve changed and that’s ok. Katie has been so helpful in my new journey, she is supportive and so encouraging. Katie, Catherine and I try to exercise together at least once a week.

Country Jam this summer
We share recipes and workout ideas. We get together on Friday nights to rollerblade and do abs. We wake up at 4:45 am to go to boot camp together. We shop til we drop. We are the losers at the grocery store on a Sunday with all the moms and dads. We boat and laugh. We celebrate fun moments. Oh my the list could go on. But I wouldn't change our friendship or our history for the world.

My 19th birthday dinner

We have grown so so so much this summer and this August the goodbyes will be a lot harder. (although we already planned a time to all meet up in September!) I truly so love and care about this girl.

Katie is such a caring friend and she is so supportive. Check out her blog to learn a little more about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment