Thursday, August 8, 2013

My Love For Panera


Panera. Is. The. Best. Restaurant. Ever. End of story. Ok I love, love, love Panera. It is one of those restaurants you can eat at and walk away feeling GOOD. To me, it seems like there aren't a ton of restaurants left like that.

Yes, I people were wondering why I took this picture. ha ha
Things I love about Panera: the freshness, the greens, the look of the chicken, how they cater to you (no worries if you want something taken off or added to your meal), so many healthy options, the quality of their food. I am a poor college student; however, I will not settle on a crappy meal from McDonalds. Maybe last year at this time I would... But not anymore! I am willing to pay a little more for better quality.

So fresh
When I go to Panera I like to do the soup and salad combo. I love their chicken noodle soup (all natural, too!) or chicken lemon one, but when I am doing GF I like the bean soup. For a salad I LOVE the Cobb salad. It has leafy greens, bacon, cheese, dressing, chicken, tomatoes, and avocados. I get it with out cheese and bacon and with the dressing on the side.

Panera list the calories of all of there food so you can be aware. I love when restaurants do this. It makes you think before you get that tasty mac n’ cheese that is 930 calories, gulp. The salad I got started around 550 calories; however, the way I eat it is healthy because I omit the cheese, bacon and dressing. So it may still be somewhere around 300 calories but it is GOOD calories. So tasty and so healthy.

It is so darn good and if I could spend $13.67 on every meal I ate I probably would be at Panera more often. : )

I am doing day one of my two day cleanse (Thirty Day Challenge/ Cleanse) through Isagenix today... The mom I nanny for told me to brig the kids out to lunch and then to DQ for a treat. AHH! It's going to be hard but I'm feeling pumped and ready! I CAN do this and I WILL do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment