Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Little Bit Of Black + {Lettuce Wrap Two}


I am going to be honest. I fell off the wagon this last week between going out of town and being stressed with school/packing. Today (Tuesday) was my first workout since last Tuesday. This is so not me! And I paid for it…

At boot camp it was cardio day. Dear God. Catherine and I picked the wrong day to go. We were doing the Stillwater main street stairs and hill sprints. Ahh.

So we were finishing up the hour with the last sprint up the stairs. I was feeling dizzy so I decided I would sit this one out {side note: I usually would push through because I don’t like to ‘look like that person’ who sits out. But I am so glad I took a break and BTW- it doesn’t matter if you need to sit out, you need to do what’s best for YOUR body. I need to LEARN THIS}. So I sat down and my vision was going out and then everything went black. I ‘woke up’ to Catherine and our trainer pouring water on me.

It was so scary! I have never fainted/blacked out/passed out. I have felt like it during high school hockey conditioning but it’s never happened. Anyway, Catherine came to my rescue and we took it slow back to our cars. I went home and had a protein shake {Isagenix} and am ready for the day…

Day two of lettuce wraps. Today I am going to explain what most people think of when they think of a lettuce wrap. At least this is what I think, in three simple words: some Asian appetizer.

So today is more of an Asian themed wrap. Still super simple and super delicious!



Asian Lettuce Wrap:
1 chicken breast cut up
broccoli slaw- ¼ cup
spinach- ¼ cup
onion- 3 T. {I used purple, you could use whatever you have}
peanuts- 1 T
Asian Thai dressing- ½ T.




Mix all together and it is prepared! Place into your washed lettuce and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment