Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pick Up The PHONE


Yesterday I was having a rough day.

Catherine and I were FB messaging and then I thought heck with this lets just talk via telephone…. Helllllllo people we need to put down the keyboards/texting/FB/twitter/email and flipping talk on the actually phone. This is something I dislike about my generation. We only communicate through a device, it drives me crazy!

Seriously, I am so glad we talked. I needed it. She needed it.

We talked for over 50 minutes. We talked about life, boys, health, food, insecurities, friends, challenges, the list could go on.

One thing I love about Catherine is we relate to each other SOOO much. We have both lost a lot of weight and share some of the same struggles daily. It is good to hear that other people feel the same way I do. And truly Catherine is one of the only people that does understand it, because as much as my other friends/family can be there and be supportive they haven’t lost a large amount of weight. They don’t have the extra skin that they look at in the mirror and wish they could cut off. {Sorry if this is a little too much…}

After Catherine and I talked I felt like a new person. I felt like I could move the world. I felt like I wasn’t going to break. I felt strong. We set a goal together to make it through Thursday without eating processed carbs.

When we are feeling bad, feeling like we are going to break, feeling like we want DQ, feeling like not working out we are going to call/text each other. We are going to be there for each other to SUPPORT each other. Because no matter how far you have come in your new healthy lifestyle/journey/weight loss you will always need people to support you.

After I got off the phone with Catherine, someone asked me to go get DQ – pumpkin pie blizzard. I said I would go, I just wouldn’t get one. I was successful! {P.S. if you haven’t tried to Pumpkin Pie blizzard, TRY IT. It is SOO worth the calories, and it won’t be around long! I’ve already tried it more than once, therefore I passed it up this time}

I am so blessed to have all my amazing friends and family in my life. They all help me in different ways. But today, I want to say a special thanks to Catherine. I love you so much! Hop on over to her blog and check out her story!

No post is complete without a picture --- here is my fall look.


Skinny Jeans - Gap
Rain Boots- Sperry
Flannel- Forever 21
North Face Vest- Scheels
Necklace - Target


1 comment:

  1. Bails! I am so glad you posted about this. :) Our phone convo was wonderful and it should probably be a weekly occurance. I've got you back no matter what. I'm always just a phone call away. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete