Friday, October 4, 2013

Five Weight Loss Tips


I have had success loosing weight over the past year. People always say what is your secret. People ask how do you do it. People ask if I can help them. Well let me share some tips with you:
1. Eat clean
2. Work out
3. Drink water
4. Sleep!
5. Remember how far you have gone, not how far you have to go

Eating clean. Is this an easy one? Can pigs fly? The answer is NO WAY. Each day start a little more. It is hard to one day just give up all sugar. Just have sugar but in moderation. Don't eat a whole thing of ice cream. Only eat a scoop or two. Try to only have clean food such as fresh fruits and veggies, chicken, Greek yogurt, eggs, etc. in your house. Eat lots of protein because protein fills you up for a longer period of time. Good foods with protein are: chicken, fish, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, string cheese, nuts. Foods that do have higher protein also often have higher calorie intake. Don’t let this scare you, because these are good calories. But don’t sit down and eat the whole jar of peanut butter, because that isn’t good for you. If you don't have junk in your house, then you won't be tempted to eat junk!

Work out. For me working out I have complete control over. I am capable of working out one hour at least a day, no problem. Eating right; well that's another story! Try to get cardio and weights in. Depending on what you need: toning, weight loss, muscle, etc.  If at all possible try to be out in the fresh air because you will love working out even more. In the winter ski or snow shoe. In the summer go on runs, rollerblade, bike, swim, the list could go on forever! Working out is good for you know matter what your size is. Someone who is 215 LBS that works out daily could be in better shape than someone who never works out and is 130 LBS. If you are going to workout more make sure you eat more healthy food/ calories. You don’t want to starve yourself. And please always remember this: you can’t out- train a bad diet {I’ve tried this}

Drink water. This is a huge one! I drink so much water I have troubles holding it in, if I can't get to the bathroom soon enough. I bet my friends have some stories for you! I drink 100+ oz of water daily. And yes I am constantly going to the bathroom. Water is good for your skin, helps your digestive system, cures headaches, helps your heart, improves weight loss, gives you more energy and will help you to achieve more when you exercise.  Get a nice water bottle that you know will help you to drink a lot. Mine is a tall glass from Caribou or my black Contigo from Target.  I swear by this glass and the day it breaks will be a sad day for me. Another awesome benefit to water is it is a calorie free drink. Who wants to drink their calories anyway? Not me! I way rather have water VS. juice or pop.



Sleep. People give me crap for the time I go to sleep. On a work/school night I like to be in bed by 10, up by 4:45. On the weekends I can stay out a little later and then sleep in. But I find it ridiculous to stay up until 5 am and then wake up At 10. So bad for you. Try to aim for 8 hours of sleep a night. By doing this you will see improvements in your physical health. You will notice that you are able to function more clearly too. Sometimes people cannot fall asleep or they may wake up in the middle of the night and be wide-awake. My suggestion to you is to take a deep breath with your eyes shut.

Remember how far you have come, not how far you have to go. This is huge. Sometimes all you see is your ending goal in life. Whether it is to be 50 pounds lighter, make a million dollars, drive a nice car, save for a big trip, etc. Don't always look at the ending only, remember how successful you have already been. Maybe you have already lost 30 lobs and you want to lose 20 more. Well remember you already did lose 30 lbs. and you should be damn proud! Be your body’s own cheerleader. By reminding yourself how far you’ve come will help you accomplish your dreams. If you want it bad enough and are whiling to work, you will succeed. Don’t ever give up. EVER.


These five tips work for me, will they work for you? I don't know. But I hope that you would consider some of these things if you do want to lose some weight or be healthier.

Have a FABULOUS FRIDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment