Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cauliflower Pizza.... Yummy!


I really want to share another new favorite recipe with you; however, that would be two recipes in three days and I have another recipe I still want to share this week… So I have decided that this week is going to be about sharing three recipes in 5 days. Sunday I shared my new favorite dessert that made with chocolate chips and avocados. Yummy.  Later in the week I am going to share a side dish/ appetizer that you could bring to a summer BBQ.

Today I am going to share a gluten free pizza that is made with veggies. I recently tried to be gluten free but didn’t succeed, because lets be real food always wins. I am going to try again because I really want to commit and make it happen.

This pizza doesn’t even taste healthy and doesn’t taste like vegetables. Score!

{I got this recipe from a person that does workouts at 5:30 am with me}




Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe:
1 head of cauliflower, leaves and stem removed
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
2 eggs
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grate Cauliflower florets into rice like grains (or pulse a few times in a food processor-do NOT over chop)-it should resemble a fine grain like rice.  Pour cauliflower into a large bowl, add herbs, salt, cheese and eggs (beaten).  Use PARCHMENT PAPER on a baking dish or pizza stone to avoid crust sticking!  Place the cauliflower mixture (note-this won't resemble a ball of dough) on the middle of the stone and use your hands to press it into a circle about 1/4 inch thick.  Bake 30-40 minutes at 400 degrees.  Crust will be done when it turns golden brown in color.   Remove crust from oven.  Change oven temp to 450 degrees.  Add pizza sauce, cheese and any toppings you would like- bake about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted (can also broil if preferred)


Cooked.... Sometimes I get too excited and forget to
take a picture before I move onto the next step

The sauce I used for the pizza. Got this sauce
from Trader Joe's. Love that place. You can see
the pizza in the back, it is golden.

The crust, uncooked
Before I put it in the oven 
I put sauce on the top of the pizza, some mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning... So good! You could make a Hawaiian theme, sausage, vegetable pizza, any kind would work!

Finished! I was trying to be creative with
the sauce... ha ha I failed
Before my dad ate 1/4 of the pizza

Funny story- I made the pizza and ran upstairs to do something. When I came back down ¼ of the pizza was gone, umm what the heck?? My dad really liked it I guess and then he made a comment like “sometimes you hear what is in food and it scares you. You don’t want to eat it because you psych yourself out. But that pizza is good!” Amen Troy Boy!!

This weekend I went golfing with my dad and forgot to share the pictures yesterday.



Golfing with him is fun. He is a pro and hits the ball to china and I just suck and can barley hit the ball 20 feet. So I have that going for me.



Then yesterday I let my dog out at 5:00 AM before I left for boot camp and she decided to roll in a dead animal. I was NOT happy; it was too early for this kind of nonsense. When I got home at 6:45 I had to give her a bath. She hates the bath and I think she felt bad for rolling in that animal (hence her ears : ))



Today I set my alarm to go running at 6:00 am; well unfortunately it rained last night. I was so sad this morning when I couldn’t go. NOT! I was psyched I got to sleep 1.5 hours longer.

Stay tuned because tomorrow I am going to share another new recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment