Sunday, July 21, 2013

Country Jam Day One


I woke up Thursday morning around 7:00 am (earlier than most work days!). My dad and I went on a bike ride. Then I came home and my cousin Callie came over to lift, do arms, abs, etc. It was nice to get in a good workout one more time before I got ready for one of the most exciting weekends of Summer 2013!

My friend Courtney arrived and we were headed to my friend Catherine's house where we all met. Katie and Kenzie were also there! We went to do some grocery shopping for the weekend. Walmart with five girls is a PARTYYY. We got lots of yummy for. Both healthy and some UNhealthy food. Yes we splurged, because it's a weekend away. 

We went back to Catherine's, packed everything up, and were on our way. Yippie. Leaving for a vacation always seems to be such a process! But we were definitely ready for a weekend away. 

Courtney, Kenzie, Catherine, Katie and I

We got to our hotel (Catherine's mom bought us a suite! Thank you Marianne!). We unpacked and were ready for the concert. We got to Country Jam around 3:30 and were ready for the evening. 


Catherine and I


Country Jam is in the middle of nowhere. Literally. I didn’t even get cell phone service. It was in this big dust field and I realized right away it was going to be a dirty weekend. But that's ok! 


Top L to R- Catherine, Kenzie, Courtney. Bottom L to R Me, Katie


On our first day (Thursday) we saw LoCash Cowboys, Lee Brice, The Band Perry, and Rascal Flatts. All very, very good. 


Our reaction to Life Is A Highway -- My ALL TIME fav song
When Rascal Flatts came on I was so excited. They started with my favorite song Life Is A Highway. Love, love, love it! I danced like a freak during this song and I have no shame. Dancing at night in the dark = the best thing ever. And hello no one can see you while you are dancing and no one will see you again after three days. So go big or go HOME!

P.s. it was so effing hot. I had boob sweat, butt sweat, back sweat. Ick! So don't judge the pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment