Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Exercising


Wow... These past few days have been crazy. I had last week off from nannying, so getting back into the swing of things has been difficult! After work I had an activity every night- Monday I went to see my Grandma, Tuesday I babysat for another family and Wednesday I met with my boot camp instructor then went for a run with friends. I haven’t been exercising like I usually do everyday, which is hard. But I did manage a small workout Monday. Today Catherine, Katie and I went for a run after meeting with out boot camp instructor. It was a run/walk, so when I came home I felt very motivated to run again. My plans had fell through to go to my Grandma’s so I decided to go for a run. I ran 2.75 MI and then came home and did some weights/ squats/ other miscellaneous work outs.

Lets get to my post about work outs…

Some think I am crazy for how much I exercise and some probably think I don’t exercise enough. I believe everyone has his or her own balance of exercise and mine happens to be about an hour daily.  



There are days when I go for 2 hours, or exercise multiple times with different people in one day, or there are days when I eat like a pig and don't feel like working out so I just don't. Then the next day I ALWAYS regret it! Why do I do it??? I don't know! Irritating. So my typical work out will be at least 45 minutes of cardio, which is usually done on the elliptical. At this point in my life I absolutely hate running. I like to rollerblade, bike or hike in the summer because its so nice out. After cardio I do 15 minutes or more of weights. I would love to tone my muscles eventually. I realize everyday when I put work into weights my body is getting more toned. Unfortunately, everything takes time and I can’t just wake up and hope for a new body. Wouldn’t that be nice, though?



I am fortunate enough to have a work out room in my house. So I have no excuse that I don't want to drive to the gym or that the weather is bad. I just need to suck it up, put on my tennis shoes and start! Once I start I always feel better. The days when I don’t feel it I always say to myself “ok go ten minutes, if you still feel like quitting after ten minutes, then quit, if not keep going”. Well I have only ever gotten off one time and that was at 6 am, I went back to bed.


I wish I could be a morning person and wake up at 5:00 AM everyday to get in my workout and then start my day. But that doesn't really work for me. I roll out of bed at 7:45 and by 8:00 I am at the neighbor’s nannying. So my workouts always happen at night after dinner. 

For me this works, but for others it may not. Which is ok. Maybe you can only do 20 minutes cardio, maybe you can only do 3 days a week, and maybe you can only do it at 5:00 AM. Do whatever works for YOU!  But dear god, please, please, please don't make the excuse I don't have time. Yes you do! Watch your TV show while you're at the gym, if you have a child make them bike while you run, if you work 8-5 & have family activities at night, well dang it make time in the morning. You need to do it for you! There are 24 hours in a day, you can spare 1 hour a few times a week to yourself. 

And remember…. Protein is great for everyone, but especially people who work out. Here is one of my favorites!



At the end of the day, don't make excuses… Do what's best for YOU!





No comments:

Post a Comment