Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Taking Control


I was able to hang with my good college friend Lauren for a nice work out and breakfast. We had to meet early because she was going out of town. We decided to do a class at lifetime called cardio blast. Well, to say the least, it was harder than hell. 

We forgot to grab towels to wipe our sweat so we were dripping like pigs. The looks we gave each other were priceless. They were like "what the hell were we thinking?!?" "I'm going to die!" "What is this shit?!" "Is she (the trainer) frickin' serious???" And so on. I enjoy taking classes because it is different than my everyday work out. 

After Class
I struggle with the trainer when they do this: "ok we are going to 15 more seconds, 15, 14, 13 (_____ trainer is talking for 5 seconds) 12, 11, 10"... Meanwhile I am thinking- no bitch we are now on 8! It always throws me off because I'm over there dying and then we get time added on. 

After we died in our cardio class we went to breakfast. We went to Matthews, which is a family owned restaurant. It was very good! I got eggs (for protein post workout) & a side of fruit. Super yummy!!


Eating out for breakfast is hard because pancakes, waffles, French toast, donuts, sweet rolls - yum. But I feel like crap after I eat that. I know eggs and fruit are so much better for me. If I am craving something sweet I can have a side of fruit or one slice of whole-wheat toast with jelly. 

Lauren
Every time you go out to eat, no matter what meal you are going to run into roadblocks. You will have to stop and ask yourself: is this pancake more important than feeling good? Is this fried fish worth feeling gross later? Is this malt going to make me feel sick in the morning?

 You just need to take control and make the right choice. And sometimes having that burger and fries is the right choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment