Monday, July 15, 2013

Happiest 5K On The Planet


5:45 am came real early Sunday morning but it felt exciting, like I was going to the airport; however, I was just going to run the happiest 5k (The Color Run) on the planet with my family and BFF.

My cousins had a sleepover the night before so I volunteered to wake up early and make everyone breakfast. We had a variety: scrambled eggs, rice cakes with almond butter, scrambled eggs with spinach and feta cheese, peanut butter banana protein shakes and some fruit. I am huge on breakfast and lets just put it at my family isn’t as much… But that’s something I am working on.

So we all ate, jumped in the car to go my BFF Courtney and then we drove to my older cousins house. There we put on some lovely tattoos (I felt like a little kid again!) then we were off to the Minnesota State Fair Grounds.


Parking was easier than expected but then they have you walk what seemed like two miles to the actual race. We were taking LOTS of photos and it was so much fun. We got to the start line and were expecting to start the race around 8:30 but I don’t think we started until 9:30 or so. There were so many people and the outfits were CRAZY.




Everyone we went with. Top L to R: Tyler (sisters boyfriend),
Carlie, my Mom, Alyssa. Bottom L to R: Courtney, my Sister,
Me, Callie, and Alahna.  

We took off running and then we walked/jogged/sprinted/ran ahead and then ran back to the family. Because we were all at different paces we would run ahead then run back or just wait for them. Everyone was so cheerful and happy! I was running down one side high fiving people coming from the other side and cheering them on. It didn’t even feel like I was running because I was having so much fun.



 Something I like about this race is it is for all different levels of people, you can run, jog, walk, be in a stroller, be in a wheelchair, etc., which I really liked. If you are looking for a race that is fun and family oriented the Color Run is for you. They don’t even time you. It is all about FUN.


On the way home we were so dirty that we took off our pants and shirts so we didn't get things as dirty. I was praying we wouldn't get pulled over. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment