Sunday, March 15, 2015

One Year Half-iversary

One year ago today I was officially able to call myself a ‘half marathoner’. Not going to lie I felt pretty Bad Ass.

I doubted myself so many times while training for my first half. Heck, I have doubted my body and its physical capabilities SO many times.
I woke up that day with so many nerves in my belly. Running this race was so rewarding because it was finally time for me to say, “YES YOU CAN BAILEY”.



Finishing my first half marathon left me with so much pride and joy. After losing 60-70 pounds I felt great but I never felt as rewarded as I did from crossing the finish line of my first big race.
 Crossing the finish line made me so emotional.  So many things went through my head. PRAISE THE LORD THIS SHIT IS OVER. GOD BLESS AMERICA I JUST FINISHED. HOLY COW, WHERE IS SOME FOOD.



I saw my mom who was crying tears of joy and happiness. My dad and sister were there too, along with some HS friends and Catherine’s group of friends/family. It was such a special moment that I will never forget.


With running, I found something that makes me feel proud. It helps me feel like, “YES YOU CAN BAILEY”. When I played hockey in HS, I felt good, when we won or when we scored I was happy. But nothing has ever compared to crossing the finish line of a race.

To read more about my first half you can click HERE or HERE.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment