Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Duathlon Prep

Duathlon Training:

Last year when I ran the Esprit De She Duathlon I was not prepared. In fact, I found out about a week or so before the race that I was going to do it because I took a friends race bib that was sick. Because of this I was not able to fully train. I knew I could run and bike but combining two runs and a bike ride, man I was exhausted.

Duathlon 2014 - post race. The after party was the
best after party for a race I have ever been too. The
food was on point!

Catherine and I did not do spectacular for time, but I  was not worried because I had so much FUN. With that said, this year I care about my time, and I want to go into the duathlon feeling prepared.


I have been riding my buns off and running a lot more than usual. I try to go to spinning class one or two days a week and run outside two days a week. On the weekends (every other weekend) my goal is one 'practice' duathlon. So far I have done  well, and I did my first practice duathlon two weekends ago, and I did great! I kept all four miles under a 9:39 pace and then I biked 6 miles in under 30 minutes. I was happy with this! But as I add more distance to my bike ride (11 total) and add in those runs, I know I will start to become tired. 


My mom AND sister are doing the duathlon too! So it has been
fun to train with them :) 
I am enjoying doing the extra cardio because it is allowing me some more carbs ;)

Sometimes I feel guilty when I do not have as much time to lift but I am trying to be careful to plan my workouts to reach my goals for this race. Speeeeeed speed SPEED! Then I move into distance training to train for my next marathon.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment