Friday, January 31, 2014

Super Simple Spaghetti Squash

I was a spaghetti squash virgin until this past week. Everyone has said only good things about spaghetti squash but I was too scared to try it! Well now that I've made it I know it is now going to be a regular. So delicious.

I kept my first attempt at cooking spaghetti squash super simple.

Spaghetti Squash:

1.     Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2.     Take the squash and cut in half.


3.     Spoon out the ‘insides’. Just like you would when carving pumpkins!


4.     Spray a cookie sheet or place some oil on it and lay the squash face down.


5.     Stab some holes with a knife or fork.


6.     Cook for 50 minutes.


7.     When it comes out take a fork to squash forming ‘spaghetti’.





I kept the sauce simple and from Trader Joes. I did add some kale/spinach/onions to the sauce along with ground turkey meat.


This is for sure a keeper!! Enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. That looks delicious Bails! I'll definitely have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you usually make your spaghetti squash? I love how simple and tasty this made up recipe is but I want to try more ways!! I need to try Katie's recipe.

      Delete
  2. Spaghetti squash is God's gift to healthy eaters, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously- that's a great way to put it! So low in calories and great nutrients! Love it

      Delete
  3. This was a great post and I love reading your blog! Thanks to you I tried spaghetti squash for dinner for the first time…delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me so happy!! I'm glad you liked it. It is such an easy 'swap' when you're trying to watch what you eat!

      Delete