Monday, January 20, 2014

My Heart Is Dancing

I have jumped ahead in my half marathon training, for a few different reasons. A) I get so excited and want to see how far I really can run. B) I want to burn calories and run, because after all I’m unfortunately a cardio bunny. C) To be honest, I am afraid I won’t be able to do 13.1 so I want to work towards it and accomplish that 12 miler so I know YES YOU CAN DO THIS.

I have a love hate relationship with running. I never want to do it, I dread it, then I do complete the run, I feel amazing while I am doing it, I then feel on top of the world the rest of the day.

Sunday’s run was a little different. I was so excited to run 7 miles. I got my new running water belt in the mail Friday and I couldn’t wait to try it out. Well, I went cross-country skiing with the family Sunday morning and fell. I got home had the chill (from being in the cold) and I was NOT going to run. However, I laced up my shoes, got my water bottle ready, and jumped on the deadmill treadmill. 

I was feeling good. I was POSITIVE. I didn’t doubt myself at all. I didn’t have any breakdowns (yep, I’ve cried a few times lately because I am so afraid of this half!). At 4 miles I was going to walk, well 4 miles came and I said I would wait until 5. 5 miles came and I was like NOPE, not happening, I feel good I am going to keep going. SO I DID. ALL SEVEN MILES. I ROCKED IT. I WAS CRUSING (for me).

Fastest run in my life. 

966 calories in 68:28, so that means I can have
a cupcake now right ;) 

MY HEART WAS DANCING WHEN I WAS DONE. SOOO PROUD OF MYSELF.

After yesterdays run I know I can do this race. I CAN DO IT. I WILL DO IT. BOOM.


I hope that extra fat is gone by race day: March 15th 

Now lets talk about this running H2O belt. I loved it!
Pros:
  • water without holding a bottle in my hand
  • easy to squirt water into mouth
  • 4 separate 7 oz bottles so I can have some water and some Want More Energy from Isagenix.
  • It doesn’t slip, go below my fat, move or shift AT ALL
  • My arms don’t bump it
  • There is a little pouch that I will probably put some food in


Cons:
  • I have some fat on my body/ stomach. I feel as those it pinches it/makes my pooch stand out more (it doesn’t hurt!)


I need to do some research. Do people even wear these things for half marathons? Am I going to look like a dork? Will I be the only loser with one of these things on? Will this make people look at me even more? Because that’s the last thing I need! So I will do some more research in the coming weeks. But for now I will continue to use it :)


Enjoy your Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Great run girl! And I love the H2O belt! That is such a good idea. I need that for the StairMill, ha!

    ReplyDelete