Monday, February 3, 2014

Open When Project & My 9 MILE RUN

Yesterday was my 9-mile run in preparation for my first half marathon with my friend Catherine on March 15th… I was so positive about it. Nervous? You betcha. Scared? Absolutely. Anxious? Yep. Did I think I could do it? HECK YA!



So I got on that treadmill and cranked out 9 miles. No bathroom breaks, no putting my feet up, no tears, no knee pain. I felt on FIRE during/after.

I think it helps knowing I have a blog and that I need to post pictures of my runs weekly. Because I know my 4 followers really don’t care, but to me it’s something to hold me accountable.

I went to Gap and got some new items… Love this store and the workout gear. Ohh la la!
Here are three of the items I got: 1.. 2.. 3..


I also got the tank I am wearing and the pants I am wearing. There deals were so awesome- and I have GAP CASH. So I spent about $70 for 4 new shirts, 2 pairs of pants, 1 tank, jeans, 2 sweaters and a bra… I was pumped!

I sent my old roomie Lauren a little ‘open when’ care package a few weeks ago. I have been dying to share it with the blogging world because I thought it was so cute. Thank you Pinterest for this adorable idea! 


I am not creative at all. I redid this project a few times, and then I said hey it’s not about how it looks, it’s about the MESSAGE. Boom, I nailed it then. Got this project done and in the mail the next day.



These are the cards I made:
Need a good laugh- Lauren and I have something about donuts, we LOVE them and could eat 10 a day if we were able to without blowing up like a balloon. So I put in a few donut jokes and did a nice drawing of donuts.
You miss me – I said something about how she will see me soon and distance is good for relationships!
You feel like giving up on a healthy goal – Lauren and I have always tried to stay healthy and motivate each other. So I told her it’s ok to feel like giving up, I want to give up all the time. Eat a brownie and pick up your big girl panties. It’s ok to fall over as long as you get back up.
Get a good grade – I did some celebration words like ‘way too go’ ‘you’re a rock star’ ‘you’re amazing’ ‘you are the best’ etc.
Feel like DQ – We also have a thing for DQ and blizzards. So I put a $5 gift card in there and said go treat yourself. I know she’ll get a medium blizzard with cookie dough and reeses, but hold the hot fudge sauce ;)
It’s your birthday- I knew I wouldn’t be with her on her birthday so I just wrote some cute messages to keep her excited! That I couldn’t wait to give her my gift (that I still haven’t gotten…)
Can’t sleep – I told her some good old fashion tips, what does and doesn’t work. Like that whole counting sheep, yeah no!
Pep talk – I said encouraging words to her. You can do it! You rock! Etc.
Valentine’s day – I joked that we are probably both single and eating on Valentines day because honestly it’s something we would do. HA! But I also wrote, hmmm, I don’t know maybe you’ve got yourself a hot date. I will just be at Chiptole alone ;)
Feel alone – losing a roommate or friend can be hard. We were together 24/7 so I know it is hard for her sometimes! I just reminded her how grateful I am for her, how much I love her and how many people she has rooting her on in life.



This was a fun little project! There are so many different envelopes you could make. I think this would be fun to do for a boyfriend!


I was able to get the downtown Stillwater for a bit on Saturday… So pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment