Wednesday, January 15, 2014

W.O.W. {#12}

Today for W.O.W. I thought I would talk about working out in the winter!

Waking up to workout when it's still dark is difficult. Heck, finishing your workout and having it still be dark is the weirdest but best feeling ever.

Something I have found is that I love cross country skiing! So much fun. What's even better is having the winter sun beaming down on the snow, so so pretty! This winter I plan on utilizing my skis often!

Running in the cold is HARD on your lungs. I mostly stick to the treadmill in the winter only doing short occasional runs in the cold (Minnesota is COLD in the winter. Lows -30 and highs usually only reaching 30).  I still need to get some spikes for my shoes… Not  sure where to get good ones that aren’t too spendy?

{Side note: I am training for a half marathon that will be on March 15th… I don’t know how much of this treadmill training I can do. Running 6 miles is a challenge when you’re looking at the same thing for 60 minutes}

I really want to try snowshoeing because I remember doing it in elementary school and hating it because it was so hard. I was lazier then.  Ha! I want to retry.

I have found in the winter it’s easier to get cozy and read a good book in front of the fireplace vs. workout, which is sometimes ok. So therefore, when I am bored I do 30 squats or 30 push ups. Just to keep my body MOVING.


What are some of your favorite outdoor WINTER exercises?

Miss Addy got tired during my workout… I wish
I was a dog somedays.

How great is Catherine? This message literally
made my day. I am SOOOO lucky to have her in
my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment