Monday, January 13, 2014

Broccoli Slaw Spaghetti

Today was my first day of college at my new school. I am going to the local community college this semester then next year I will transfer to St. Kate’s.

I had a fabulous day! My classes were all great and I only got lost once; when I couldn’t find my car in the ginormous parking lot.

I am taking a ceramics class, nutrition class and three communication classes. So far so good. The classes all seem fun but this semester will be a challenge too. It will be good!

My schedule is morning classes and then late afternoon classes so Monday’s and Wednesdays look like this:
6:45- wake up
7:45-10:45 – class
11:05- 1:45 – workout, eat, shower
2:15-5:15 – class
the rest of the night is ‘off’

I came home and did a quick run on the treadmill... Then I tried a new recipe. I saw something similar on Pinterest but I switched it a bit!

Broccoli Slaw Spaghetti:
1 12oz bag broccoli slaw
1 cup pasta sauce
dash of garlic powder
dash of red pepper flakes
dash of Italian seasoning
dash of pepper

1.     Spray skillet and add broccoli slaw and ¼ cup water. Cook 6-8 minutes stirring occasionally.
2.     Add pasta sauce and other spices and cook about 4 more minutes.
3.     Divide into servings! I found it made about 3 servings.

  you can also add your favorite toppings! I added turkey burger meat! Delicious.

So easy. Water and slaw coming together

Spices and sauce mixed with slaw 
Finished product. 
I paired it with some cottage cheese and
one hard boiled egg… So good.

This recipe is a new favorite. How couldn't it be? It was SO tasty and SO easy. Definitely will make again in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment