Monday, January 6, 2014

Selfishness


Happy Monday! Who is ready for the week to start? I sure am! I have been up since 4:40. Yep, back into the good ole’ grind of BOOT CAMP. I am SOOO excited.

In fact, I am pretty sure I got about three hours of sleep last night. A) I went to bed at 7, no joke, therefore I was up every hour. B) I was nervous for boot camp to start again.. After all I didn’t have my partners in crime Catherine and Katie, therefore I was up every hour C) I was excited. Excited to see what boot camp is going to do for me again. Because honestly it changed me and helped me a shiz ton this summer.

{Quick overview on this whole boot camp thing- this summer Catherine, Katie and I found Look Good Naked boot camp on Groupon. We thought hey $15 for 4 sessions lets give it a try. After day 1 I knew it was for me/us A) I felt like I got hit by a truck I was so sore and B) It was FUN. The trainer, Sara, is fan-freakin-tastic. Now it’s a new year, new me, blah blah. So I thought I would join boot camp again. It is expensive! $15/time. But to me it is worth it! I will be going 2-4 times a week with my mom… I will keep you updated on our progress}

Is $15/time worth it? I just wrote out a check for $150 for just January… That is a lot of money I could be spending on dinner out with friends, clothes, charity, etc. For me it is totally worth it because it is helping MY HEALTH and me. Something I struggle with is being selfish. Yes, I believe that people do need to be selfish at points in their life.

I am such an easy going, go with the flow kind of girl that I forget about myself. Many people have told me I let people walk all over me and I need to stand up and say NO.

Ways I want to be more selfish: learning to say NO if it will result in a better outcome for me, don't let people peer pressure me, do my own things before I try to do someone else's.

I'm going to work on these few things. I want to learn to be more selfish. In a good way of course!


This morning when we got up it was a breezy -22 degrees… SO COLD. Thank you Dad for a heated garage for our cars! If you have been watching the news Minnesota is going to feel like -50 to -70 today! The government shut down all public schools!! BRRRR.. Stay warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment