Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sushi… I Mean Sloppy Joe's

My head is screaming, “JUST STOP AT CHIPTOLE!” But my heart and wallet are screaming,  “YOU CAN JUST EAT AT HOME”.



When I get home at 6:00 PM this is what happens. If I get home late the last thing I want to do is, spend time cooking. So I have decided to make a meal each week on Sunday to help me on the days I just do not have time to cook. (If I wait too long to eat I will A) be crabby and mean and B) start snacking on anything).


Last week I made cauliflower-fried rice, it was really yummy. I decided  this week I was going to make sloppy Joes and instead of a bun I made sushi (unfortunately I did not have buns). But what I did have were  pickles and lots of them!


Sloppy Joe’s ~

1 lb. ground turkey (I like 93/7)

½ c. ketchup (there are some great organic ketchups or lower sugar condiments)

3 T. Mustard

1 T. Vinegar 

1 Onion

Cook meat; brown onion; add the rest of the ingredients. Serve. BOOM.

This was SO easy, so quick, so delicious, and it has pretty good macros (fats, carbs, proteins).

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment