Wednesday, February 18, 2015

High School Days

Some people praise the Lord the minute they graduate high school. There are no more teachers chasing you around asking you to complete an assignment, no more lunch room food and dear heavens no more dress code telling me I cannot wear a baseball cap to cover up my 3 day old hair.
 
Halloween 2009 'workout barbie'
(It did not really suit me well back then, but
maybe I will be this Halloween 2015 ;))

Spring Break 2012 of my senior year!
With my high school best friend, Courtney.


All rules aside I loved high school. I was getting by without putting hours of effort into my homework. I played hockey with some super great people. I had sleepovers on school nights with my friends. I was able to go to the McDonalds drive thru for breakfast and get a substantial, greasy, fattening meal that held me over until lunch.... (Yeah, I know, looking back I am embarrassed)

Hockey pictures fall of my senior year (2011). I was never the best at
hockey, but I always had fun playing.

Dropping my sister off at college August 2010.
Even though I was overweight, I never suffered from any bullying. And if I was bullied, they did a heck of a good job doing it behind my back. I like to think I was nice to everyone around me and because of that no one was mean to me. I was friends with a lot of unique people that all hung out in different social crowds.  Of course, I had my primary friend group but I had tons of other friends too. It was a fun time!

Halloween with Catherine and Katie - 2011 I believe. 

A miserably hot, July trip to Florida with my mom, sister, my sisters
friend and my foreign exchange student. I do not remember a ton from this trip
except that I sweat like PIG.


I had a lot of smiles in high school and I made many memories. If I had to change one thing about high school it would be to not give a shit what Bobby, Suzzy or Sammy thought of me. I cared too much about what others thought, and I believe it held me back from a lot of things.

Finally! We did it. These were four of my best friends throughout
high school… Graduation day, June 2012, I felt so proud!

Katie and I celebrating miss Catherine
at her graduation party. It was the middle of June and
HOT. But I wore pants because I did not feel comfortable
in shorts. Sigh. These are the things I never want to struggle with again. 


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Holy Bologna! Look at how much different we look now than in that graduation pic....WOW.

    ReplyDelete