Friday, February 13, 2015

Staying On Track

When my alarm first goes off at 5:00 AM I want the throw my phone across the room. IT’S 5:00 AM – only the crazies are out at 5:00 AM. A few choice words go through my head because, it flippin’ early man. I immediately check my phone to catch up on social media…when you go to bed at 8:30 PM you miss a lot of IG posts or Facebook likes. My motivation to get out of bed comes from the BurnThis app. I make the commitment internally to have a great day and be nothing but awesome. After this commitment I roll out of bed because really who can spring out of bed at 5:00 AM? I ALWAYS lay out my gym gear the night before to save me time. And, it’s less thinking on what to wear when I’m still dreaming of my warm bed! I also make sure my gym bag, school bag, workbag and lunch box are packed the night before – this is crucial. Finally, I grab all my bags and head to where 6 packs happen, in the kitchen. Quickly I shove my waters into my bags, I grab my pre-made food and I whip up something quick for my pre-workout fuel (usually toast and PB, fiber one bar, banana, etc.)




My goal is to be to the gym by 5:35. [I must be in the shower by 7:00 so I can get to my 8 AM class on time.] Thankfully the distance from my apartment to school and to the gym is no more than 3 miles. Oh the perks of city living. After my workout and once I’m presentable to be in public I head to my car and drink my protein shake while driving to class.





I am in class from about 8:00 – 3:30. So I pack A LOT of snacks to avoid being hangry – nobody likes a hangry girl. My favorite on-the-go snack would be a protein bar; however, I try to limit myself to only one protein bar a day because they can get expensive. My other on-the-go favs are: nuts, yogurt, sandwiches/wraps, cold veggies, fruit, trail mix, tuna, and string cheese with deli meat.
  


One thing and probably the only thing that is nice about a Minnesota winter is having your car be a fridge. I can leave the food in the car and it stays cold. God bless you Mother Nature!



I work at Trumi Training so my job is pretty amazing because I am surrounded with healthy-fit people. There are so many people there that make me want to live a healthy lifestyle. It is contagious! At work I get to teach kids about making healthier choices. This keeps me accountable because I have to practice what I preach :)



My #1 tip: BE PREPARED. It’s the only way I can get through my day, stay on track, and make healthy choices. How do you stay on track while living a chaotic life at work or school?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment