Monday, February 2, 2015

Cauliflower Fried Rice

I made an amazing dish the other day and I am so excited to share it with you all!



First, have you heard of cauliflower rice? It is so simple! Chop cauliflower into smaller pieces and place into a food processor, if you want it uncooked you would eat it then, if you want it cooked you place it on the stove for 5-8 minutes. You could use coconut oil, olive oil or butter, and then spice it up! I chose to leave it plain and make fried rice.


Super simple – took me about 45 minutes to prep, weigh and eat :)

Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower (864g)
1 red pepper (229g)
1 onion (187g)
1 bag of frozen peas (408g)
2 cloves of garlic
½ cup of soy sauce
1 egg
egg whites (150g)
optional: chicken, shrimp, cashews, additional spices, etc.

Wash, cut and then place cauliflower into food processor. Once it is ‘rice’ place over stove in a large pan and put on low.


Make an omelet and chop egg into small piece, then set aside. Cut onion and sauté it with the garlic until golden brown. Add red pepper, frozen peas, eggs and soy sauce to the onion mix. In a large bowl add cauliflower rice and all the fixings! You can add in your protein of choice. I choose to leave my chicken separate because tomorrow I want shrimp instead of chicken.





It made 5 very generous servings (361.8g each) and the macros came out to be:
1.4 g of fat
26.3g of cards (5.3g fiber)
16.6g of protein
= 183 calories

 I did not follow a recipe because I did not have things like ginger or carrots; however, next time I may add even more additional veggies! So yummy.




If you make it let me know your thoughts! Tag me on instagram @baileymckenziesff

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment