Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Real World


If you follow me on Pinterest you may have noticed I have been pinning more things lately that relate to ‘jobs’/ ‘the real world’. I am not just talking fashion people, I am talking resume writing, interviewing, etc.

This got brewing in my little head after I had my appointment with my advisor (if you’re new to my blog I go to school at Concordia in Moorhead, MN).

So at this meeting we had we talked about traveling abroad, what I need to do to get my resume started, how to begin searching for internships, what classes to be taking, basically we talked about so many things that I feel so much pressure to get my little booty moving! I feel behind (even though she reassured me I am NOT behind) and I feel like I will never land that ‘perfect’ job.

What’s my perfect job?
Well I want to be happy
I would love to be a business analyst
I would LOVE to work at Target Corp. in MPLS., MN
Hopefully it’s a 9-5
I want to be able to dress cute (of course!)

But let’s be real. I am a communication’s major, business minor. I will hopefully have LOTS of different options. {Vs. a doctor, teacher, vet, etc}

Should I get stressed now over landing a job after college? No, I have THREE YEARS! {however, typical Bailey get’s stressed thinking about what color underwear to wear tomorrow}

I am going to try to post more about the professional world – landing the perfect job, how to dress for interview, how to communicate with co-workers, what’s the line on becoming friends with people on FB, etc. I am going to share my knowledge and the research I find… I am not a professional by any means!

I will leave you with these two pictures... .Definitely made me laugh!




No comments:

Post a Comment