Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Counting Calories... Why I Stopped


There are so many people out there who will swear that counting calories helps them lose weight faster. Do I think it is true? Yes; however it doesn’t work for everyone.

My freshman year of college I had to track my food/count my calories for my Wellness class. I dreaded it! I thought it took up so much time. But once I realized I was loosing weight (just by eating better and exercising, not really ‘trying’) I decided I would count my calories for good by using the app MyFitnessPal.

Side note: If you are to track your calories I HIGHLY recommend his app/website. It is amazing and you are able to take a picture of the barcode packaging and it will log it for you. How easy is that? It is also very easy to change the serving size you had.

Ok back to tracking calories… So almost anything I would eat I would track. I would also track my water intake and exercise. At the end of everyday it said ‘if you ate like this for 3 weeks your estimated weight would be 132 lbs’ hahaha yeah right. That is so off, let me tell you!

Then I somehow just stopped. I don’t know when exactly and I don’t know why. But I believe it was because I was lazy and didn’t want to do it. Which honestly I feel like is a good excuse because it was a lot of work!

Fast forward to this summer… My boot camp trainer and nutritionist had me tracking my food on some other app/website (I hated it) and it was a pain. Not only did I freak out when it told me I had too many calories but it also was hard to work with compared to MyFitnessPal.

I literally would stress over using it. If I had over eaten 300 calories I would think maybe I should go workout for 30 minutes. C’mon gimme a break.

I know in my head what calories are in most foods. I know if I am eating chicken and salad for dinner I am probably around 300 calories. I also know if I have a cup of ice cream I am probably eating 300 calories or more. This works for me.

If you are eating healthy and clean foods that’s all that really matters. Almonds, peanut butter, avocados and other foods that are VERY good for you may not seem like it. Which may cause you to freak, like I did.

Just remember to eat healthy and clean. That’s all that matters.

“A healthy body is a guest-chamber for the soul; a sick body is a prison”

I am lovin' this chocolate milk. Is it the best thing for my body? No. But it always hits the spot! It's a good drink with a little nutritional value to it. And organic : )


No comments:

Post a Comment