Monday, September 23, 2013

4:45 Wake Up Call + {Weekend}


This weekend was by far one of the best weekends on campus this year, probably because it was family weekend! My mom and sister were able to come up but my dad had to work.

Lauren and I just happened to be wearing practically
the same thing... This happens too often ha!



When they got here Friday they took my friends and I to Tutti Frutti {thank you mom for the free Tutti Frutti for us all : )} Then we went to dinner with a friend of mine, a friend of my sisters and my family. After that we went back to my moms hotel and had ‘girl talk’ with my mom, sister, my friend Allie and I. It was actually really fun. After that my mom brought us back to the dorms where Allie and I just hung out for the evening. I tried to twerk because I was being stupid and I hurt my back/neck, seriously I can never win!

Saturday we woke up, went to breakfast and did some napping before the big football game. At the game we got some cute pictures! {look below} We also won!! Whooo! Then my family and I went to target, got me a tank of gas and they headed on their way home. It was super short but super sweet weekend. I am so thankful for these wonderful people in my life!!

Family-- Bria, my Mama, and me
Love these girls. Maria, me, Sarah and Allie
Just goofing around :)
My sister Bria and I trying to get 'pretty' for the picture

Love this girl to the moon and back 
My moms elementary, middle school, high school and college BFF's daughter lives on my floor. So we had to get a picture together!


Sooo…. The real deal:

When people hear I wake up at 4:45/5 AM to exercise 5+ days a week I get the weirdest look. Then following the look they say "how do you do it?!"

I go to bed early (by 10:00 PM most nights)
I eat good foods and rebuild my muscles with good food before and after workouts, which results in awesome energy.
I drink lots of water! Your body weight divided by 2 is an awesome way to think about how much water to drink.
I have a workout buddy! My college roommate Lauren.
Choose something fun to do when you exercise, switch it up. The elliptical will get very boring, that is why when I wake up I go to a class. This makes me think I have to be there by a certain time, I can't be the late person!
Be prepared the night before. I always sleep in my workout bra/shorts. My socks, shoes and top are near my bed along with my heart rate monitor.

4:45 may be early but when you need to get in a hard workout before your school/work day this is how you do it. Don't wait until too late in the day or you'll often talk yourself out of it.

Funny story from last week when we (Lauren and I) woke up to workout. We came out of our dorm room and had our workout stuff on. Someone woke up with a stomach ache around 4:45 AM and looked at us and said "what the hell are you doing up? Where are you going?" To which I responded, "oh we have a spinning class!" And she looked at me and said, "you're bleeping crazy!"  

Start your week off right!! Make one healthy decision today and stick with it ALL WEEK LONG.

No comments:

Post a Comment