Friday, September 20, 2013

Goals - What Did I Just Commit To!?!?


Goals. Are they important? Yes. Are they easy? No. Are you able to succeed with them? Of course.

This Sunday when I got back to school I was spending time with two friends. They are both trying to make healthier choices in their life {eat better and become more ‘fit’} and want my help/support. I always want to help a person in need but they also need to want it, which I think both of these girls do want it.

We all set goals for the next month. Thirty Days. Is it going to be hard? Ha ha ha! OF COURSE. Is life ever easy? Uh, no.

{My biggest tip when setting a goal is make it a challenge but don't make it too hard. If you set the goal to lose 40 lbs in one month, well, that will be hard. When I don't achieve my goals I often feel let down and sad. So I make sure they are achievable but still a good challenge}


People often think that I am done. I’ve lost a lot of weight, I have become more fit, I wear my ideal size, I am happier, I am healthier, etc. But truthfully I am never done. I will always need to be setting new goals to achieve in life whether they be fitness/health goals, academic goals, career goals, etc.

So when we were talking goals we were all wondering what to do. My friends are great: One of them is giving up pop {she drinks multiple daily} and the other is going to try to not get those fancy dancy coffee drinks. {They both have other goals, those are just an example}

So I was struggling. I don’t drink pop or coffee, I have alcohol on a rare occasion, I eat fairly healthy. What the heck could my goal be?!

I decided I would have 4 goals total:
  1. No eating three hours before bed {we all set this one. I try to go by this but this month I really want to stick with it}
  2. No sweets in the dinning center {I haven’t had one all year, but I want to maintain this. Don’t get in the habit of having one here and there, because before you know it you will be having a treat DAILY!}
  3. No toast @ Zimmerman’s {this is the house I nanny at. They only buy bread from a fresh bakery and it is amazing. I have a piece of toast with PB and honey almost daily. GULP!}
  4. NO SHOPPING!!!!! {Ok, this isn’t a health/fitness goal but that’s ok. I cannot spend any of my own money on clothes until October 16th. They told me if I make it until then I can go big :) }


I am sharing these goals on my blog so I am held more accountable. I need to tell people because then they can help me! Yes, I need help. Yes, I need motivation. Yes, I am going to pray tonight that I can be successful!!!

One month. I can do it. You can do it. We together can do it!

Do you have a goal?

BECAUSE NO POST IS COMPLETE WITHOUT A PICTURE:


I am not ready to say bye completely to summer outfits. I mean I am SOO ready for fall and boats/scarves but I love the summery colors. I did one last ‘bright’ outfit day…. I thought I looked good, minus my cheetah slippers : )
 
Pants: Tommy Hilfiger
White Top: Lucky Brand
Sweater:Tommy Hilfiger
Necklace: Target
Bracelets: Charming Charlie
Watch: Francesca's 




Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment