Monday, September 16, 2013

That Stupid Scale


This past weekend I went home. It was a last minute decision when someone asked me to housesit/ kid sit overnight for a good amount of money. I was SOO excited to see my family and on top of that it was my Grandma’s birthday.

I seriously love my Grandma. Knowing that she is getting older
and her health isn't at 100% scares the heck out of me. I cannot
imagine life without her. She is my card buddy, my fishing partner,
the lady who fixes my pants when they break... She is amazing!

So now that part about being home and having a scale….

I didn’t bring my scale to school because I told myself I would just check in when I went home first. Well it was time to get on that creepy thing. I seriously loved my scale this summer. I would jump on it Every. Damn. Day.

Literally- I woke up, went potty and ‘checked in’. SO NOT HEALTHY. So I decided I wouldn’t bring it to school, best decision of my life.

So Saturday morning when I went to weigh in I was dreading it. I literally didn’t want to weigh in. WHY?! I don’t know, because I have been eating healthy and exercising. But I still just wanted nothing to do with that stupid scale. {I am really trying to go off how I feel and how my clothes are fitting. Which as of now are both going well}

I jumped on {p.s. Friday night I came home and pigged out on banana bread and other goodies, probs not so smart} anyway, I had gained 2 pounds since being at school.

But the best thing about seeing my weight go up two frickin’ pounds was I was content. I wasn’t mad at all and I was actually pretty proud.

I am going to have dessert, I am going to go out to dinner, I am going to make not so healthy choices. I am not dieting for life. I just enjoy living a healthy lifestyle, treating myself when I want, and of  course always in moderation.

I am still trying to find balance, I don’t know if this will be a forever thing ‘trying to find balance’ or if I will be able to find it soon. But dang it I hope I find it soon. It is hard!

This week I urge you to stay away from that scale. It is seriously the thing that can make or break your day. Go on how you FEEL. Because after all, isn’t that what being healthy is all about?

1 comment:

  1. Bails! You should be so proud of 2 pounds :) Honestly, I am so nearvous to go home next week and jump on that scale...but I totally agree that it is so much more about finding a balance than it is to be constantly losing weight when at school.

    ReplyDelete