Friday, September 27, 2013

That 'Certain' Pant Size


It's easy to say weight doesn't matter, size doesn't matter, it's all about how you FEEL.
Yes I agree 110%. Just because you're a 00 doesn't mean you’re healthy on the inside.
I am trying to not weigh myself and lately it's been going well. I am focusing on how my pants feel and how I feel on the inside!
But getting back to size. It feels good to be a size say 6 vs. 14. I remember each time I bought all my pants. All the way from the first pair of 16s I ever purchased to the recent 2s. By golly I can't believe I am a size 2 (ok every store is different, Macy's and Gap I am a 2/4, the Loft a solid 2, Old Navy a 4).
I remember exactly what store and what pair of pants everything was, is that crazy? I don't think so... I remember the excitement when I was a 10! Then an 8, then a 6, I couldn't believe it, I almost cried! At 4 I was like shut the front door, someone pinch me, this cannot be real life. And now a 2 fits at some stores?!? For the love of god I must be dreaming.
Starting from the top:
Size 16: Macy's, a pair of INC jean capris. I remember the 14s didn’t fit, I was PISSED.
Size 14: I was a solid 14 for most of my HS days so I can't remember a lot.
Size 12: I went home for Fall break and my mom brought me to herbergers. I got silver size 12s and I thought I was frickin’ rockin’ them!
Size 10: winter break, old navy. I bought a pair of blue capris for spring break. Little did I know they wouldn't fit then!!
Size 8: uh I was at college with baggy pants. So I made a Gap online purchase and was praying to god it all fit. Which it did!! I was so excited to have skinny colored yellow pants!
Size 6: didn't think I would ever get here. This is the size where I use to refer to the 'skinny bitches'. But I was at Macy's and got navy pants and they were tight but I was not leaving without them because dang it they zipped!
-----
Pause, seriously I said to my friend last year when we are both loosing weight, “I just want to be a size 8 wouldn't that be so cool?! I think I will always be a Medium. I will never go to a small! Then I laughed. Smalls are for those tiny people."
----
Size 4: I was in Atlanta with my mom and we went into Jcrew. I was trying on 6s and they were too big! So the lady brought me a 4 that were purple and a short. A frickin frackin four!! They also fit. I couldn't believe it I was so pumped and high on life. Now reallyyyy I thought I couldn't get smaller.
{P.S. the number on the scale maybe changed 15 lbs from size 8 to 4}
Size 2: I was at The Loft the other day and they had shorts for $4.98, say what?!?!? So I tried some on and they were a 2 and fit like a gem. Not too big not too small. I was so shocked!

Obviously it's not about size. Weight. Or any of those stupid numbers.
But after working your butt off for a long time it is so exciting to see the numbers come down.

Now I don't think I am a 2 everywhere. The other day I was at Gap and the 2s fit in one style and the 4s fit in another. This is how life is going to be!

Now, my whole pant size things proves that muscle out weighs fat. I didn't loose much more weight but I lost a few pant sizes! That's outrageous. I will talk numbers of weight coming up someday, maybe soon maybe not. It's going to take courage!!!

Here are some pictures:
One of those 'size 16 pants'. Looking at this picture makes me
want to scream and pull out my hairs. Why did I do this to myself?
{This picture was taken about 2 years ago}

HS BFF Courtney -- Spring Break in the
Dominican Republic. So fun. A size 14.

I am wearing my 'skinny/stretchy pants' size 14.
{picture taken exactly 1 year ago}

Rocking those size 12. And I felt DAMN good.
With my college roomie, Lauren

Spring Break 2013... Love this picture of me. I am a size 8/10.
My yellow 'skinny pants' size 8 from Gap.
Didn't think I could ever go smaller....

With my college bestie Allie. Size 9 JUNIORS. 
The day I bought my first 'size 4' pants. Purple
from Jcrew.... Felt like a babe.
Top 3 favorite pictures of myself. I am wearing a Small
dress. But my pant size at this point is a 4, or smaller
Weight loss is hard to see when you are the one loosing the weight. But when you look at it like this, from the biggest size you ever were to where you are now.... You will notice. TRUST ME.

Have a fabulous weekend bloggers!

XO, Bails

No comments:

Post a Comment