Thursday, October 2, 2014

Be The Reason Someone Smiles

I am not sharing this post to brag about making someone’s day, week, month, year, etc. But last week I reached out to someone and their response back made ME feel good.

Isn’t that funny how that works? I reach out to compliment someone else and in return I end up feeling good?

Here is what happened… There is someone who is studying abroad; she has reached out to me before about my weight loss journey. And so when I noticed her confidence shinning bright in a picture I wanted to let her know. I simply said, “You look like you are having a great time abroad. I just wanted to let you know you look great and your confidence shines so much in every picture. Enjoy the rest of your time!”

Simple. I told her exactly what I was thinking. Didn’t sugar coat it. Just told her what I thought.

But her response made me feel so good. She responded, “Thanks Bailey! That’s the sweetest thing anyone’s ever said to me. You are a doll!”

Her response made me feel good about making her feel good. It was such a simple thank you. But I could tell I made her day.

If you notice someone’s down, lift him or her up. If you think someone looks good, give him or her a compliment. If you think someone’s having a bad day, talk with him or her. As people we need to help make others around us feel special. 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment