Thursday, October 23, 2014

What's Next?

The other day I was asking myself what is next? I was 110% confident that after the marathon I would stop distance training/running  for multiple reasons: it is hard on your body (heck I lay in bed with frozen meat on my legs @ 5:00 am because I am so sore), it is time consuming, it is a lot of money to do races – the fueling part, the new active wear, the hotel if you stay far, the entry few, etc. Those are just a few that I personally thought of.
 
This week I had TWO massages. Both felt great
and were just what my body needed. I hate to complain
and sound like a baby, but I was in so much pain. So I
hit up Groupon and got two massage for $60!


But then yesterday I decided I wanted to always be able to run 10 miles confidently without dying. This way if I want to start training again I will not have to start from square one. I remember this summer when Catherine and I started training for our half in August. I showed up at her house in May and I was so nervous to run 5 miles. Because after my first half in March I kind of gave up running. Those first few weeks building mileage was hard. Especially with Catherine, she runs A LOT; however, she is very patient with my running.
 
A few months ago I bought new running shoes for
after the marathon!  I wore them to spin yesterday and
love them. New shoes are always motivating for me.

So this time around I do not just want to stop.. I want to work on sprints during the week and long run on the weekend (max 10 miles). Then I want to focus on weight lifting. Lots of research has shown weights are what get those last 10 lbs off, tone you up, make your muscles visible.
 
I have been spinning (very lightly) this week to
losen my legs up a little. I missed spinning during training.

I want to try to exercises that make me uncomfortable, I am tired of being comfortable with everything I do. Why do you think I run so much? Because it is comfortable and easy for me. I am going to try to find some different group fitness classes on Groupon and see what I do and do not like.
 
My delicious dinner from yesterday. Chicken caesar
salad, brocoli and asparagus. 


And I cannot give up running yet because I have at least four more races left in 2014!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment