Thursday, October 16, 2014

Marathon Prep

The feelings I have for this marathon are similar to the excitement for a spring break trip.

Because all the packing. Oh my. I love packing and having that feeling that you get to go somewhere, so exciting.

If the marathon does not go as planned at least I will get one girls weekend, at a hotel, with good laughs, good food and good shopping.

This far packing has gone well. I packed my breakfast which will be chocolate chip, almond butter and oatmeal + a banana + a protein shake + a pumpkin spice English muffin.
 


Post race my parents will bring me a protein shake and a change of clothes. I will most likely be freezing (similar to my Get Lucky Half).


My outfit is packed. I have tried running in it (including carrying my gels, skittles, etc.) and everything has gone smoothly.

This belt adds so much fluff it drives me crazy.
But it stays up very nicely. I also put some of the gels
in my back butt pocket, side waist pocket and my two
leg pockets on these awesome Lulu pants. Seriously
my favorite running pants!
I packed my deodorant and body glide. I will be putting this on all over my bod.

I find using mens deodorant is much more effective
than using women's. Because it does not smell like nasty
smelly deodorant (to me at least!)
Race day supplements will include: spark, Isagenix e shot, 1 bag of skittles, 4 rehydrate gels. Plus they will be handing out granola bars, oranges and gels. I will take the gels for sure and probably see if I am hungry for the food. Yes, I realize that is a shiz ton of carbs and holy cow tons of supplements. But for all my previous races I have ‘shocked’ my body with supplements and I have done wonderfully. So hopefully that continues with this race!

I have tried out all these products/candies and they
all work well for my body. I find them to be more effective
than any hammer gels or gu's.
Today was my last normal run. Saturday will be super laid back and easy - only 2 miles! But today I was so happy because I did not look at my watch until the end and I finished 3 in under 30! Whoooa!



I bet you are sick of my marathon talk, I swear only one more post and then the race! WHOOOOOTTTT. I am pumped.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment