Sunday, October 19, 2014

I Finished A Fricken MARATHON

As I sit here trying to type this post I do not even know what to say.
 


I will start with proud. Proud of myself for completing something so difficult. Proud of myself for achieving a goal I set for myself months ago. Proud of myself for checking yet another thing of my bucket list in 2014. Proud of myself for completing my TWELTH race in 2014 alone. Proud of myself for not walking when I wanted to so bad. Proud of myself for finishing in under my goal time of 5 hours. Proud of myself for accomplishing a fricken marathon! WOW.
 



Now I want to talk support team. My family gets an A+ for everything they did for this marathon. My mom got my friends and I a hotel so we could be well rested before the race. Then they woke up and drove 1h45m to see us run for 5 hours. I get running is boring – and long… I get it would suck. But they did it because they wanted to support us and they knew it was a big deal to us. When you are running and you see someone you know, you get this emotion inside of you that is indescribable.  I am so very thankful for them. Catherine and Katie’s parents both came too – which was awesome! Then we had three friends there.




The feelings throughout the race changed SO much. I was emotional at times, high on life at times, hit the wall a few times, etc.. It was very hilly. The race was called The Mankato Bold Marathon. Bold standing for difficult, aka hills and lots of them. I will talk more details on that tomorrow!
 



But for now I am going to take my proud ass to my bed because my legs are done for the day. 




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment