Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Transformation Tuesday

I usually shy away from transformation Tuesday pictures because lets be honest, I dislike looking back and being unhappy.
 
Left: senior picture - August 2011 --> post marathon picture - October 2014

Upper: my 16th birthday - June 2010 --> 10K race with Catherine -
October 2014


Looking back at a photo can bring back some depressing memories. I do not think I was ever depressed, but I look back and often think, “wow if I only I knew then how good it feels to be healthy”.
 
Upper: senior year fall 2011 --> pre-marathon picture with
Katie, Catherine and myself October 2014


Left: California February 2012 with my sister Bria--> September
2014.


It is funny because some of these photos were taken and I thought I looked so pretty and happy. Now I look back and giggle at them when I compare them to photos now.

Left: my 17th birthday (I think?) June 2011 --> post marathon
October 2014

Left: Courtney and I celebrating homecoming our senior
year, September 2011 --> October 2014

I constantly ask myself “what ifs?”

Upper: Catherine, Myself and Katie at the Hunter Hayes concert
Spring 2012 --> post marathon October 2014

Left: Bria Lynn and myself, taking Christmas photos fall
 of  2009 --> August 2014

What if I was healthy in high school – during hockey season. Would I have been better? Faster? Stronger?


Left: high school hockey photo, fall 2008 --> running my first
marathon, October 2014.


What if I cared about myself more during high school? Would I have been happier? Would I have had more confidence? Would I have not cared about what people think about me?
 
Upper left: Catherine and I senior year, fall 2011, right Catherine and
I out with friends summer 2011 (I think?), bottom left Catherine and I
last weekend, fall 2014. The picture in the bottom left you can see healthy
written all over our faces. Our skin looks very clean.

Unfortunately I cannot go back and change anything. I can only be grateful that I found exercise and healthy eating when I did.  The past is the past and I do not want to dwell on it. I do not regret it. It shaped me into the person I am. And it has made me a stronger person today.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment